Move over tailgating recipes. This recipe for Slow Cooker Crack Chicken is going to be your new favorite recipe to make for game day. It’s even healthy too! The chicken is full of protein and you can top it with your favorite veggies like tomatoes or lettuce leaves and serve it over a whole wheat bun. Guaranteed to keep you full while watching the big game!
It’s called “crack chicken” because you won’t be able to stop eating it and all it has is 3 easy ingredients! Chicken, Ranch seasoning and cream cheese. When I come back from shopping after work, my house smelled pretty amazing.
There is also a recipe for crack dip out there that looks really good and I plan on making that soon. It’s the same concept as this but it’s just something you serve with chips. 🙂 Crack is good.
Why isn’t there any liquid added to recipe?
There is 2 ways to make this recipe and the way listed below in the recipe is the normal way. Some people are worried that there isn’t enough liquid in the crock pot to produce a sauce but it does. You can add 1 to 2 cups of water to the recipe and at the end of cooking time the chicken will be soupy. You need to add in 2 teaspoons of corn starch to thicken that up and to let that simmer again. Again, Adding water is optional since the slow cooker produces that on it’s own. My video shows that I added water to the pot, but I will update that with a new video sometime soon.
Can you can make this in your Instant Pot?
Yes, set the cook time for 20 minutes.Print
Slow Cooker Crack Chicken
- 2 lbs boneless chicken breasts
- 2 (8 oz) blocks fat free cream cheese
- 2 (1 oz) packets dry Ranch seasoning
- 8 oz bacon, cooked crisply and crumbled (optional)
- In a slow cooker place the chicken breasts on the bottom and then the 2 bricks of cream cheese on top of the chicken. Sprinkle the Ranch seasoning packet over the cream cheese and chicken.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4 hours, until chicken shreds easily.
- Once chicken shreds stir with a large fork or spoon, so the chicken shreds and all the ingredients combine.
- Add in crumbled bacon and stir to incorporate.
- Serve warm.
Makes 8 servings (divide into 8 equal portions)
4 Smart Points per serving
Use a lite hamburger bun such as Country Hearth for 2 smart points. It will be 6 points then.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 237
- Sugar: 2
- Fat: 10
- Saturated Fat: 4
- Protein: 32
Recipe from Cookies and Cups