Air Fryer Chicken Breast – a simple basic chicken breast recipe with no breading. Comes out juicy and perfect every time! Great for salads, casseroles, or pasta salads!
I know this seems like a pretty dumb, yet an easy thing to do in an air fryer. I looked up air fryer chicken breast recipes and there were a lot of recipes for breaded chicken and BBQ chicken. There were no recipes for just a plain old chicken breast cooked in the air fryer. This chicken comes out so juicy and moist and who doesn’t like having leftover cooked chicken on hand to make leftovers with?
There are many different ways you can flavor up this chicken. My recipe below calls for seasoning salt of choice and salt and pepper. I didn’t list the amount of seasoning used because others may like more seasoning on their chicken breast that I use on mine. Here are some other good seasonings to put on your air fryer chicken breast: Lemon pepper seasoning, Taco Seasoning, Trader Joe’s Everything but the Bagel Seasoning, Trader Joe’s All Purpose Seasoning Salt, Trader Joe’s 21 Seasoning Salute.
How to make Chicken Breast in Air Fryer – No Breading
1. Set your air fryer to 400 degrees.
2. Slice your chicken breast in half and season your chicken breast with salt and pepper and then seasoning salt of choice. I like to use Trader Joe’s Seasoning salt but again, use whatever you like or have on hand.
3. Place the chicken in the air fryer basket and set the temperature to 400 degrees. Close the basket and set the timer at 7 minutes. After 7 minutes take the chicken out and flip and cook for another 4 minutes longer.
How to Make Crispy Chicken Breasts in the Air fryer
- My method below is for a basic chicken breast recipe and I’ve also used this same method to make crispy breaded chicken in the air fryer.
- Add 2 eggs to a shallow dish and dip the chicken in the eggs, each side.
- In another shallow dish add 1/2 cup of panko bread crumbs and 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese. Adding spices like garlic powder and onion powder really enhance the flavor of this bread chicken dish.
- After the chicken is dipped in the egg transfer it to the bread crumbs and parmesan cheese. If the breading isn’t sticking to the chicken, pat some on top of it with your fingers. Use the same time and temperature that I have listed below in the recipe.
What to serve with air fryer chicken breast
Make Chicken Quesadillas
Mashed Potatoes and Gravy with Broccoli
After the chicken is done cooking, dice it up and top it with your salad.
Add to casseroles or pasta dishes
How to check if your chicken breast is done?
There are two types of methods you can use for this. Take the chicken breast out of the air fryer and cut it open. If the chicken breast is still pink in the middle, then you need to add it back in the air fryer basket and cook it for a longer time. I’d start checking after every 2 to 3 minutes. You can also use a meat thermometer. Poke the chicken breast with a thermometer, it has to be at a temperature of 165 degrees for it to be done.
If you make this recipe don’t forget to take a picture of it and tag me on Instagram! My handle on that is @recipediariesww.
What is an Air Fryer?
An air fryer is a kitchen appliance that cooks food by circulating hot air around the food using the convection mechanism. It is a downsized version of the convection oven.
What are the Best Large Size Air Fryers?
If you are researching air fryers and looking to buy the best ones out there on the market I have tried and tested 2 different ones before. If you want to be able to cook more food for your family at once then get an air fryer with a large basket such as 5.3 quarts. Look for ones that say nonstick on them and has multiple program settings.
EFFORTLESS COOKING: Our 5.3QT Power Air-Fryer comes in handy in preparing amazing meals from your cookbook, and frying a variety of dishes, such as: French fries, chicken, steak, roasts, fish tacos and sticks, waffle fries, pies, pudding and donuts. Make yourself feel like a professional chef in your kitchen with the digital air fryer that can easily replace baking pans, deep fryers, a grill pan, convection toaster oven or any one of your kitchen appliances.
FEATURES: 5.3 Quart Easy Load Basket with Non Stick Coating; 7 Preset Programs with easy one-touch digital control let you Roast, Air Fry, Bake, Steam, Saute and Grill; Digital Timer with automatic Shut Off; Manual Time and Temperature programming option; 1700 Watts of Turbo-Cyclonic Power; Super Heated Air heats up to 400 degrees, cool to the touch easy grip handle.
Air fryer temperature settings vary according to brand and model. If your air fryer does not have the exact temperature setting called for in the recipe, consult your manual for suggested temperature settings.
Is air fried chicken healthy?
When you compare air fried food to deep-fried food it is much healthier because there is hardly any oil used at all. The only oil I use is from my Pam cooking spray. I spray only the food once or twice because most air fryer baskets are nonstick. If you are concerned about using aerosol sprays for the environment or your health buy a Misto Brushed Aluminum Oil Sprayer can from Amazon and fill that with your favorite oil.
Chicken breasts are zero points on Weight Watcher if you don’t add any type of oil to the chicken when cooking it in your air fryer.
Helpful Kitchen ToolsPrint
Air Fyrer Chicken Breast – a simple basic chicken breast recipe with no breading. Comes out juicy and perfect every time! Great for salads, casseroles, or pasta salads!
1 or 2 5 to 6 oz chicken breasts split in half lengthwise *See notes* Seasoning salt of choice Salt and Pepper
1. Set your air fryer to 400 degrees. 2. Slice your chicken breast in half and season your chicken breast with salt and pepper and then seasoning salt of choice. I like to use Trader Joe’s Seasoning salt but again, use whatever you like or have on hand. 3. Place the chicken in the air fryer basket and set the temperature to 400 degrees. Close the basket and set the timer at 7 minutes. After 7 minutes take the chicken out and flip and cook for another 4 minutes longer.
myWW points: Blue Points: 0; Green Points: 2; Purple Points: 0
Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with WW in any way. I am just a member who creates recipes based on their points system. If you have any questions related to the program go to their website.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 167
- Sugar: 0
- Sodium: 111mg
- Fat: 2g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 0g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 39g
Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with WW in any way. I am just a member who creates recipes based on their points system. This recipe is based on WW Freestyle program, and SmartPoints are the value system the company bases their foods on. Some recipes will have older points system values listed in them.