If you aren’t wrapping bacon around the stuffing at Thanksgiving or whenever you make homemade stuffing then what are you waiting for? Bacon is the glue that can hold anything together!
Bacon wrapped stuffing is the ultimate Thanksgiving appetizer. Screw serving stuffing as a side dish for Thanksgiving this year and make these little puppies instead. 🙂 I first tried bacon wrapped stuffing at a friend's house and I remember it being the best thing I ever had at that party. I asked how it was made and it couldn't be easier.
What Ingredients do I need?
In this section, you can find substitutes or suggestions for certain ingredients. I also will try and list out what the ingredients' purpose is for.
Homemade Stuffing - Use your favorite recipe for making stuffing or use the stuffing that comes in a box. Your choice! I have a recipe for just simple stuffing here. Classic Homemade Stuffing
Bacon - I used thinly sliced bacon to wrap the stuffing in. Cut the bacon into 2 pieces before wrapping the bacon so you get more coverage if you decide to wrap the whole entire stuffing recipe.
How to make Bacon Wrapped Stuffing
To print the full recipe please see the recipe card below.
Set the oven temp to what the instructions say on the back of a stuffing box.
In a bowl, combine the stovetop stuffing mix, cooked sausage, cranberries, poultry seasoning, and diced apple into a bowl. Add in the chicken stock.
Pour into a 9X13 baking dish and bake in an oven for 25 to 30 minutes.
Cut the strips of bacon in half. Place about a tablespoon of the dressing mixture in the center of the bacon and then roll it up. Place on sheet tray lined with foil.
Repeat this process until all the bacon is used up.
To cook the bacon, turn the oven temp to 375 degrees - 400 degrees.
Bake the bacon-wrapped stuffing in a oven until the bacon is cooked. I used the same temperature as the stuffing for 18-20 minutes.
Air Fryer: Place wrapped stuffing in air fryer for 10 to 14 minutes at 350 degrees.
Serving size: 1 bacon-wrapped stuffing.
What air fryers are best?
I've had 3 or 4 different air fryers or the past 5 years and each one of them has worked very well with the air fryer recipes on this site. If you want to be able to cook more food for your family at once then get an air fryer with a large basket such as 5.3 quarts. Look for ones that say nonstick on them and has multiple program settings.
Power XL Air Fryer 5.3 Quart Basket. - This was my very first air fryer.
Our 5.3QT Power Air-Fryer comes in handy in preparing amazing meals from your cookbook, and frying a variety of dishes, such as: French fries, chicken, steak, roasts, fish tacos and sticks, waffle fries, pies, pudding and donuts.
Ninja Foodi Grill and Air Fryer - This air fryer works very well too but the air fryer setting doesn't go below 300 degrees. If there's a recipe that calls for lower temperatures you have to use the bake setting. It air frys, roasts, grills, and dehydrates food.
Other Recipes to Try
If you’ve tried this Bacon Wrapped Stuffing or any other recipe on the site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out. Snap a picture and upload it to share on Pinterest
Let Me Know What You Think!
Be sure to leave a review of this recipe and give it a star rating. It lets us know how we are doing and lets others know they should try it!
Are you in Pinterest? If so upload a recipe photo and share it with me. I love to see what you’re making
Are you on Instagram? Follow along and tag me @wwrecipediaries.
Have a Question or General Feedback?
Jump down to the COMMENT section and let us know! We would love to help and also love feedback on all of our posts.
- 1 6 oz box of Stove Top Stuffing Mix
- 4 oz cooked sausage
- ½ cup of dried cranberries
- ½ tsp of poultry seasoning
- 1 apple, diced
- 2 cups of low sodium chicken stock
- 12 strips of bacon, cut in half
- Set the oven temp to what the instructions say on the back of a stuffing box.
- In a bowl, combine the stove top stuffing mix, cooked sausage, cranberries, poultry seasoning, and diced apple into a bowl. Add in the chicken stock.
- Pour into a 9X13 baking dish and bake in an oven for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cut the strips of bacon in half. Place about a tablespoon of the dressing mixture in the center of the bacon and then roll it up. Place on sheet tray lined with foil.
- Repeat this process until all the bacon is used up.
- To cook the bacon, turn the oven temp to 375 degrees - 400 degrees.
- Bake the bacon wrapped stuffing in a oven until the bacon is cooked. I used the same temperature as the stuffing for 18-20 minutes.
- Serving size: 1 bacon wrapped stuffing.
- Place wrapped stuffing in air fryer for 10 to 14 minutes at 350 degrees.
myWW points: Blue 2; Green 2; Purple 2 (1 wrapped stuffing)
I use Aldi's brand of bacon. Appleton Farms.
- Category: Easy
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 bacon wrapped stuffing
- Calories: 127
- Sugar: 3g
- Sodium: 318mg
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 5hq
Keywords: bacon-wrapped stuffing