Baked Lobster tails with garlic butter are a classic and luxurious dish that can be served as the main course for a special occasion or as part of a larger seafood feast.
Oh yah, I loved that Garlic Butter Salmon recipe so much I decided to try it out with lobster tails.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
It takes less than 20 minutes to get the perfect, juiciest, and flavorful lobster tail right out of the oven.
Lobster tails is one of those elegant dishes I like to make whenever lobster is on sale or for a special occasion such as New Year's Eve. I like to think of them as a treat because lobster is expensive but it is so damn good. Baked lobster tails is a special dish you can make for your loved one. Believe me, they will be super impressed once you bring out the lobster tails.
Lobster is a tricky meat to get correct because if you don’t cook it properly or long enough the meat can get rubbery. Rubbery or hard to chew food is no bueno. Lobster tails are great dipped in garlic butter and served with some Garlic Cheddar Biscuits just at like Red Lobster.
I live in the Midwest so it is hard for me to get fresh lobster tails here. The lobster tails come frozen all the time so I just defrost them before I am ready to cook. There is nothing wrong with frozen seafood. They are just frozen at their freshest state so they can be shipped off to other parts of the US.
Ingredients for Lobster Tails
- Lobster tails - the smaller sized ones (larger lobster tails will take longer to cook
- Chopped fresh garlic can take some time to chop so I often always use the freshly minced garlic that comes already made in a jar.
- ¼ c. grated Parmesan, plus more for serving
- Lemon - Is a citrus juice made from squeezing fresh lemons. It is commonly used as a flavoring agent in cooking, baking, and beverages. Bottled lemon juice is also ok to use.
- Italian seasoning - Is a popular blend of herbs and spices that typically includes a mix of dried basil, oregano, rosemary, thyme, and sometimes garlic powder or dried red pepper flakes.
- Melted butter - is the most commonly used type of butter in baking, as it allows for more control over the amount of salt in the recipe.
- See the recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
How to Cook Baked Lobster Tails
Step 1: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a medium bowl, mix together garlic, Parmesan, lemon juice, Italian seasoning, and melted butter and season with salt.
Step 2: Using sharp scissors, cut the clear skin off the lobster and brush the lobster tails with the garlic butter seasoning.
Step 3: Place the lobster tails on a baking sheet lined with parchment and bake the lobster tails for 12 to 15 minutes. The lobster meat inside will be firm and opaque. Internal temperature should read 140 to 145 degrees.
What to serve with Lobster Tails
There are many options for what to serve with lobster tails, depending on your personal preferences and the overall theme of your meal. Some ideas for sides to serve with lobster tails include.
Looking for some tasty Summer side dishes to serve with lobster tails? Try these out.
For smaller lobster tails it take anywhere from 12 - 15 minutes. Larger size lobster tails that vary in size will lake 20 - 30 minutes.
The lobster tail will turn a bright reddish pink color and the meat in the lobster tail will no longer be opaque, it will be white. If you are boiling lobster tails they will float to the top when they are done cooking.
More Great Recipes to Try:
If you tried this Baked Lobster Tails with Garlic Butteror any other recipe on my website, please please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how you go in the 📝 comments below. I love hearing from you! Follow along on Tiktok @jennarecipediariesPrint
Baked lobster tails - luscious lobster tails coated in garlic, butter, and parmesan cheese and then baked in the oven. This will be your new favorite lobster recipe!
- 2 lobster tails (5oz)
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ c. grated Parmesan, plus more for serving
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 4 tbsp. melted butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a medium bowl, mix together garlic, Parmesan, lemon juice, Italian seasoning, and melted butter and season with salt.
- Using sharp scissors, cut the clear skin off the lobster and brush the lobster tails with the garlic butter seasoning.
- Place the lobster tails on a baking sheet lined with parchment and bake the lobster tails for 12 to 15 minutes. The lobster meat inside will be firm and opaque. Internal temperature should read 140 to 145 degrees.
- Serving size: 1 lobster tail.
My WW Personal Points: 8 Click here to see in recipe builder (will have to log in)
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 515
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 581mg
- Fat: 36
- Saturated Fat: 14g
- Unsaturated Fat: 7g
- Carbohydrates: 17g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 34g
Keywords: oven baked lobster tail