Weight Watcher's BLT Pasta Salad is the perfect side to bring to your next 4th of July gathering. No one will even know that it is WW friendly or diet-friendly.
Back when I worked at the hotel a couple of years ago as a part time job, they would make a BLT pasta salad kind of similar to this one. They added ranch seasoning and a little bit of Worcestershire sauce to spice it up a bit and it was everyone's favorite pasta salad. I tweaked my BLT pasta salad recipe to make it kind of similar to the one at the hotel because I loved the taste that Ranch added to it. A 1 oz Ranch seasoning packet is only 1 smart point so it doesn’t tack on very many points to this recipe.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
I’ve brought this pasta salad recipe I found on Pinterest to quite a few pot lucks and BBQ's during the Summer and let me tell you something about Pinterest.
If you see a recipe that keeps on getting repinned and repinned over and over again it's usually a good recipe.
This one did not disappoint either. I mean c' mon it's a BLT pasta salad in a sauce with light mayo, vinegar, and mustard and it's topped with BACON. Bacon and colorful sprinkles are super foods because they make people happy. 🙂
- Macaroni shells pasta, cooked - For pasta salad, it's best to use short pasta shapes that can hold the dressing and other ingredients well. Some popular choices include fusilli, rotini, penne, farfalle, and macaroni.
- Tomatoes diced - it's best to use a tomato variety that is firm and has low moisture content.
- Bacon, cooked and crumbled - Using bacon in pasta salad adds a delicious flavor and texture to the dish. Cook the bacon until crispy, then crumble it into small pieces.
- Lettuce, thinly sliced (can sub scallions 1 cup or as many as you like.
- Cider vinegar - Apple cider vinegar is often used in pasta salad because it adds a tangy and slightly sweet flavor that complements the other ingredients. It can help to balance the richness of the pasta and other ingredients, making the dish more flavorful and satisfying.
- Fat free mayonnaise -I use this because fewer calories and little to no fat, making it a better choice for those who are watching their weight or trying to maintain a heart-healthy diet.
- Greek yogurt - This adds a tany component to the dressing and also adds extra protein.
- Ranch seasoning mix - Contains a blend of herbs and spices such as parsley, dill, garlic powder, onion powder, and black pepper. It may also include salt, buttermilk powder, and other flavorings.
- Worcestershire sauce - Adds a savory, umami flavor to dressings. It is commonly used in Caesar salad dressing, as well as in dressings for steak salads and other meat-based salads.
- See the recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
How to make a BLT Pasta Salad
Recipe Tip: To keep lettuce fresh add it on top when ready to serve. Don't mix it right away. I like to sometimes add it separately so it's easier to save the pasta.
Step 1: In a large bowl, mix cooked pasta, bacon, tomatoes, and lettuce
Step 2: In a small bowl, mix sugar, vinegar, mayonnaise, Greek Yogurt, Ranch seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, and salt and pepper to taste.
Step 3: Add the dressing mixture to the pasta, bacon, tomatoes, and lettuce and stir to combine.
Recipe makes 6 to 8 servings.
½ cup of BLT pasta is 4 smart points.
Tips for BLT Pasta Salad
Instead of lettuce, you can use chopped scallions. The chopped scallions will last longer in the fridge if you don’t eat all of this right away. Lettuce wilts pretty fast. If you are worried about the lettuce wilting, do not add it to the pasta salad. When ready to eat chop up some lettuce and add it to the salad.
Make this a complete meal and add in some grilled chicken.
Boil the noodles and cook the bacon a day before and store them in the fridge. When ready to eat mix all the ingredients together.
Other Recipes to Try
If you tried this BLT Pasta Salad or any other recipe on my website, please please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how you go in the 📝 comments below. I love hearing from you! Follow along on Tiktok @jennarecipediariesPrint
BLT Pasta Salad -This fun Weight Watcher's BLT Pasta Salad is the perfect side to bring to your next 4th of July gathering. No one will even know that it is WW friendly or diet friendly.
- 3 ⅔ cup large macaroni shells pasta, cooked
- 4 medium tomatoes, diced
- 4 slice bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 cup lettuce, thinly sliced (can sub scallions 1 cup or as many as you like)
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp cider vinegar
- ½ cup fat free mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tsp of dry Ranch seasoning mix
- 1 tsp of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 salt
- 1 pepper
- In a large bowl, mix pasta, bacon, tomatoes, and lettuce.
- In a small bowl, mix sugar, vinegar, mayonnaise, Greek Yogurt, Ranch seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the dressing mixture to the pasta, bacon, tomatoes, and lettuce and stir to combine.
- Recipe makes 6 to 8 servings.
- 1 cup of BLT pasta is 6 smart points.
My WW Personal Points: 4 Click here to see in recipe builder (will have to log in)
myWW points: Blue 4; Green 4; Purple 4
Recipe and nutrition info food.com If you want even more flavor add in about a 1 teaspoon of liquid smoke and a packet of ranch seasoning.
- Category: Salad
- Method: Boil
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 150
- Sugar: 6
- Fat: 4.7g
- Saturated Fat: 1
- Carbohydrates: 9.6 g
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 5
Keywords: blt pasta salad