5 smart points | 193 calories per serving
Breakfast is one of my most favorite meals of the day. I love bacon, eggs, hash browns, biscuits, and gravy…you name it. I know biscuits and gravy is a Southern menu item and I live in the North. Whenever I go to a restaurant for breakfast, I’ll always look to see if there is biscuits and gravy on the menu and I’ll order that. This biscuits and gravy recipe is so good. The biscuits were made with 2 ingredient dough and the recipe made about 8 biscuits. If you don’t like your biscuits really tiny and thin, then just roll them out thicker. Please note, the points value will be different then. Just use your recipe builder to figure out points.
If you are dairy free, use regular almond milk and a dairy free greek yogurt like Daiya.Print
For the Gravy:
- 2 tablespoons of light butter or margarine
- 9 oz Jimmy Dean Turkey Sausage Crumbles (already cooked)
- 3 tablespoons of flour
- 2 cups of milk (I used unsweetened almond milk)
- 1 tsp of black pepper
- 1 tsp of onion powder
For the Biscuits:
- 1 cup of non fat plain greek yogurt
- 1 cup of self rising flour
- In a bowl, mix the flour and greek yogurt together until a ball of dough forms. Place the dough onto a floured workspace on your countertop and need the dough. Using a biscuit cutter, cut out 8 equal biscuits and place them on a sheet pan. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes or until the tops are golden brown.
- While the biscuits are baking in the oven, make the gravy. In a medium nonstick skillet, melt the butter. Add the already cooked sausage to the pan and stir until the sausage is warmed up. Add in the flour and whisk for 1 to 2 minutes or until the flour has completely dissolved. Next, add the 2 cups of milk and bring to a simmer and add the spices. The sauce will be ready when you can run your finger along the back of the spoon and it leaves a clear lining.
1 biscuit + 1/2 cup of sausage gravy
myWW points Blue Points:5; Green Points: 6; Purple Points:5
Points are calculated with the WW recipe builder app and not using the nutrition info.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 193
- Sugar: 7
- Fat: 2
- Saturated Fat: 6
- Protein: 12