Chicken Parmesan Soup - this soup puts all the other soups out there to shame!
It's starting to get cold out and that makes me want some soup! I've got plenty of soup recipes on this site. Just do a search for soup in the upper right hand corner of this page and you will find plenty of them.
Some notes about this chicken parmesan soup. The noodles in this soup absorb a lot of the liquid so if it looks too thick like a stew then add in some more broth, water, or tomato juice. If you're vegan or vegetarian you can use the Gardenin chicken nuggets instead of cooked chicken and use some Daiya mozzarella cheese. You can use any type of breaded chicken you want to at the supermarket or just plain old shredded chicken (which would probably be healthier anyway. Watch the video to learn how to make the recipe!Print
Chicken Parmesan Soup
- Yield: 6 1x
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp of crushed red pepper flakes
- 15 oz can of diced or crushed tomatoes
- 6 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- 8 oz. penne
- 12 oz. breaded chicken (cooked and cut into 1" pieces) or cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts (cubed)
- 1 ½ c. part skim mozzarella cheeses
- 2 tablespoons. freshly grated Parmesan, plus more for garnish
- 1 tsp of parsley
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and cook until tender and golden, 6 minutes, then add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute more.
- Add canned tomatoes and chicken broth and bring to a simmer. Add penne and cook until al dente, 8 to 10 minutes, then add chicken, mozzarella, Parmesan, and parsley and season generously with salt and pepper. Let cheese melt, then ladle into bowls.
- Serve topped with more Parmesan and parsley.
- Serivng size: 1 cup
myWW points: Blue 6; Green 7; Purple 6
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 268
- Sugar: 4
- Fat: 8
- Saturated Fat: 3
- Carbohydrates: 27
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 24
Yes it is different depending on what type of chicken you use and will change the smart point value.
Looks delicious. I want to make this. In the ingredients you first say breaded chicken breast. Do you mean like a Tyson breaded chicken patty (frozen) and if so wouldn’t that make it more points. I noticed it initially says 8 serving for 4 SP’s then at the end it says 6 SP’s for 8 servings. Is this dependent on what kind of chicken you decide to use. It said you could use breaded chicken or chicken breasts. I would think that breaded chicken would raise the Smart Points. TYIA. I hope you reply. I really want to make this.
I stated how many servings the recipe makes in the notes section. Please divide out the soup equally however you like as serving sizes can change depending on how much you want to eat of it.
How big is a serving of this? A cup?
I must have been sleeping when I put this recipe up. 🙂 Thanks for letting me know.
ALso the amount of chicken broth is missing.
Sorry about that, fixed!
I see in the recipe it calls to add canned tomatoes but it is not included in the ingredients list. Otherwise would love to make this recipe!
Sorry, I updated the ingredients.
What is the full ingredient list for this recipe? Looks delish, but some ingredients left off - onion, garlic, tomato products , crushed red pepper flakes - would love to make this.