It’s getting pretty close towards the end of it being soup season and pretty soon the grills will start to come out. You know, I just had to make one more batch of soup but I feel with the Instant Pot or Slow Cooker you could have soup any time of the year you want to. Not just in the long Winter months! I haven’t been using my new Instant Pot as much as I would like to lately because I’ve been more obsessed with my air fryer. I decided to take it out yesterday and make this fajita soup with it. The Instant Pot has a button on there that is just for slow cooking. Yet another reason to get rid of all your slow cookers. Between the Air Fryer and Instant Pot who needs a stove to cook on these days?
Let’s talk about this chicken fajita soup.When you think of those classic fajitas at the Mexican restaurant they come with a tortilla, chicken, onions, peppers, and all the taco fixings. It’s only 2 smart points per serving with all the 0 point ingredients minus the chicken stock and cream of chicken soup. It’s really rich and creamy and the chicken, corn, black beans, and salsa are all 0 smart points. Since fajitas usually come with peppers and onions you could always cook some off on the stove top and add it to the top of the soup with some chips, cheese, or reduced fat sour cream. This soup is definitely a keeper and it almost reminds me of Chicken Tortilla soup.
Can you make this with homemade cream of chicken soup? Yes
Some other possible soup add ins. Diced red and green pepper or onion to get that classic fajita combo.
Can I make this in my Instant Pot? Use the Soup setting
Can I make this in the slower cooker? Yes, cook on low for 4 to 6 hours
I saw this recipe on Facebook and had to try it from Six Sister’s Stuff. It was so good and low in points that I wanted to share it with everyone on my site.Print
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup (98$ fat-free)
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 package of Fajita Seasoning Mix (I used Mrs. Dash)
- Spray slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place chicken into slow cooker.
- In a bowl, mix together cream of chicken soup, salsa, corn, black beans, water, and faita seasoning. Pour over chicken in slow cooker. Cook on low for 4-6 hours (or high for 2-3 hours).
- Remove chicken and shred using two forks.
- Put chicken back into slow cooker, add cheese, and let cook for 15 more minutes.
- Serve with your favorite fajita toppings.
- Serving size: 1 cup
myWW points: blue: 2; green: 7; purple: 2
- Category: easy
- Method: slow cooker
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 231
- Sugar: 4
- Fat: 7
- Saturated Fat: 2
- Carbohydrates: 25
- Fiber: 5
- Protein: 17
Keywords: chicken fajita soup