Recipe update – Jan 30th
I received my oven thermometer the other day ago and tested the temperature on my new oven. Since I had made these two days ago they came out cakey and over baked. My guess is that the oven at my old house didn’t quite get to 350 and that is why I had 30 minutes at first listed below. When I made these in my oven at my new house it took less time. I changed the time to 21 minutes but every oven can vary in temperatures so yours might take longer.
After making this recipe quite a few times it safe to say that your own, and your grandma’s oven, or neighbors oven might not all work the same. Even mine doesn’t.
Skinny Cake Batter Blondies – lightened up blondies with sprinkles and white chocolate chips. Perfect for any Birthday Party!
With the new Weight Watchers program, it can be kind of tough to get your favorite sweet in. If there’s a lot of sugar in the recipe, the points can get high. I love to bake and I think I’ve come up with a great blondie recipe that’s pretty low in calories and points.
It took me 3 times to get this recipe right. The first time, I overbaked the blondies. It was pretty bad too, the chocolate chips melted on the top and so did the sprinkles. That was one hard mess. The second time, the blondies didn’t have enough sugar. They tasted more like corn muffins. The third time is always a charm, right? They came out pretty good and tasty. Who doesn’t love lots of sprinkles and chocolate chips?
Happy Tuesday everyone!Print
- 6 Tablespoons of light butter, melted
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup of sprinkles
- 1/4 cup of white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a bowl, beat the butter and brown sugar with an electric mixer. Add vanilla and eggs and continue beating until combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine your dry ingredients. Add the flour, salt, and baking soda; whisk until well combined. Add your dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and beat until just combined. Fold in 1/4 cup chocolate chips, and 1/4 cup sprinkles.
- Butter and flour an 8” x 8” pan. Transfer the batter to the pan, and top with remaining sprinkles.
- Bake for 21 minutes. Let cool. (depending on how your oven operates these might take longer)
Servings per pan 12
Smart Points: 6
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 159
- Sugar: 14
- Fat: 5
- Saturated Fat: 2
- Carbohydrates: 26
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 2