Cheese Balls are the perfect Holiday appetizer to bring to any of your parties you have going on between now and Christmas. These Cheese Balls are loaded with cheddar, bacon, and ranch. What’s not to like? If it’s a small gathering or get together, I would recommend cutting the cheese ball recipe in half. If you have a cocktail party can you please invite me if you make this cheese ball? That would be fabulous and I’ll bring the Rumchata.
Butter crackers are my favorite to serve with this. Those flat pretzel thins would be good also.
I feel as if the US is still in a turkey coma from this weekend. Too much shopping as well. How do I know this? My site traffic has been down for the last 4 days. I did some Black Friday shopping myself. Got a 4qt slow cooker at Herberger’s for only $9.98 and it was one of the doorbusters they had going. The doorbusters that everybody gets up early for on Friday. Nope, not me! I went at 2 pm in the afternoon and it was STILL there. There is no reason why these stores need to start so early on Black Friday.
Otherwise, then that, I’m still trying to detox from all the food I had over the weekend. I had one of those green smoothies for lunch yesterday to try and get my body back on track. I am bound and determined to lose 6 pounds before Christmas!Print
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 (1 ounce) package hidden valley ranch dressing mix (dry)
- 1 cup shredded colby or 1 cup colby-monterey jack cheese or 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 (3 ounce) bottle hormel real bacon bits (or use bacon crumbled)
- 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts
- 3 scallions chopped
- Take 2 packages of cream cheese (softened) and mix till slightly whipped.
- Add packet of ranch dressing and mix till incorporated.
- Fold in 1 cup shredded cheese, bacon, and scallions.
- Pour chopped walnuts in a plate or pie tin.
- Form cream cheese mixture in to a ball with your hands. or plastic wrap.
- Roll ball in walnuts till coveredWrap cheese ball in plastic wrap and place in the fridge.
- When cheese ball feels firm, remove and serve with crackers.
recipe adapted from food.com
Yields 24 servings
Smart Points 4
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 86
- Sugar: .6
- Saturated Fat: 4.6
- Protein: 2.2