You will never want to buy store-bought granola bars again after making these chewy no-bake granola bars with chocolate chips. The best part about these granola bars is that they are no-bake and don't require any baking in the oven.
The bars are made with natural ingredients including coconut oil, honey, and oats, etc... They are also very good for you too!
What Ingredients do I need?
- Nut butters are a delicious and nutritious spread made from ground nuts. They come in a variety of flavors and textures, making them a versatile ingredient for many recipes. I've tried this recipe with peanut butter and almond butter.
- Honey - Always go for a raw honey and one that is unfiltered. Preferably locally sourced.
- Coconut oil is a versatile and popular substance that is derived from the flesh of coconuts. It has a variety of uses, ranging from cooking and baking to skin and hair care
- Rolled oats/Old-fashioned oats - Also known as rolled oats, are a type of oatmeal that has been steamed and rolled to create flat, oval-shaped flakes. They are a popular breakfast food and can be cooked on the stove or in the microwave with water or milk.
- Shredded coconut is often used as a topping or ingredient in desserts such as cakes, cookies, and pies. It is also commonly used in granola bars, trail mixes, and other snack foods. Shredded coconut can add a delicious, tropical flavor and texture to these dishes.
- Mini chocolate chips, optional - come in a variety of sizes, ranging from mini chips to large chu
- See the recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
How to make Coconut Bars
Step 1: Heat a medium sized pot on medium-low heat over the stove top. Melt together nut butter, honey, and coconut oil, stirring until smooth in the pot.
Step 2: Remove from the stove and stir in the oats and coconut. Pour the oats into a 9- by 13-inch lined baking dish. Evenly spread the oat mix throughout the pan using a spatula or offset knife.
Step 3: Sprinkle with mini chocolate chips and firmly press down with the back of a spatula or clean hands.
Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm. Slice into squares or bars.
Recipe Tip: Store granola bars in the refrigerator in an airtight container with wax paper separating the layers, or individually wrapped in plastic wrap
Serving size: 1 bar. (Cut into 15 equal bars)
What other ingredients can I add to granola bars?
Adding nuts like almonds or pecans can provide protein and healthy fats, while dried fruit such as cranberries or raisins can add a sweet and chewy texture.
Chocolate chips can add a touch of decadence, while chia seeds can provide a boost of fiber and omega-3 fatty acids.
How to store homemade granola bars?
Homemade granola bars are a delicious and healthy snack option, but storing them can be a bit tricky to keep them fresh and crisp.
Firstly, allow the granola bars to cool completely before storing them. If they are still warm, they could become soggy due to the moisture trapped in the container.
Next, store the granola bars in an airtight container. This will prevent moisture from getting in and making the bars soft and chewy. You can use a plastic container or a glass jar with a tight-fitting lid.
Keep them in the fridge. If they are set out at room temperature they might get hard to handle.
Other Recipes to Try
If you tried this Chewy No Bake Granola Bars orany other recipe on my website, please please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how you go in the 📝 comments below. I love hearing from you! Follow along on Tiktok @jennarecipediariesPrint
Chewy No-Bake Granola Bars with Coconut Oil
- 1 cup nut butter
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 2 ½ cups rolled oats
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips, optional
- Heat a medium-sized pot on medium-low heat over the stovetop.
- Melt together nut butter, honey, and coconut oil, stirring until smooth in the pot.
- Remove from the stove and stir in the oats and coconut. Pour the oats into a 9- by 13-inch lined baking dish. Evenly spread the oat mix throughout the pan using a spatula or offset knife.
- Sprinkle with mini chocolate chips and firmly press down with the back of a spatula or clean hands.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm. Slice into squares or bars.
- Store granola bars in the refrigerator in an airtight container with wax paper separating the layers, or individually wrapped in plastic wrap
- Serving size: 1 bar. (Cut into 15 equal bars)
The ingredients in this bar are not WW friendly and I have not tried replacing any to make them lower in points. Real Peanut Butter does not even compare to PB2.
- Category: Eaasy
- Method: No-Bake
- Cuisine: Aamerican
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 245
- Sugar: 11g
- Sodium: 76mg
- Fat: 18g
- Saturated Fat: 9g
- Unsaturated Fat: 19g
- Carbohydrates: 19g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 5g
Keywords: chewy no-bake granola bars