One of my goals has been finding ways to make sweets on the new Smart Points program. It’s been tough because sugar is an ingredient that shouldn’t be eaten a lot during dieting. You will not see any sugar substitutes on this site being used. I think sugar substitutes such as xylitol and stevia make sweets taste like shit. Literally like shit. I’m not joking. Those sugar substitutes have such a weird after taste, and that is why I refuse to use them.
One sugar substitute I like is agave. It can be used in place of sugar and corn syrup and doesn’t have any weird after taste. In fact, these scotcheroo bars were the first time I tested agave and I couldn’t even taste any difference!
Since no bake desserts have been pretty popular on this site lately like the Cheerio Bars and Cookies, here’s another one for you. Scotcheroo bars! They’re only have 111 calories per serving and are 5 Smart Points each. Makes 15 bars total.Print
Healthy No Bake Scotcheroo Bars
- Yield: 15
- 2.5 cups of rice cereal
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon of creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup of agave
- 1/4 cup of butterscotch chips
- 1/4 cup of semi sweet chocolate chips
- In a small sauce pan melt the peanut butter and agave and stir until well combined. Add the 2 cups of rice cereal to the peanut butter and agave and mix until well combined. Pour the mixture in an 8X8 pan.
- Using a double boiler, melt the chocolate chips and butterscotch chips. Spread the chocolate over the bars and cool until the chocolate has set.
Smart Points: 5 per bar
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 111
- Sugar: 9
- Fat: 5
- Saturated Fat: 2
- Carbohydrates: 15
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 2