This chicken dorito casserole with chicken and tortilla chips is a delicious and hearty meal perfect for dinner. It's made with tender chicken pieces, crispy nacho flavored tortilla chips, and a creamy sauce that blends perfectly with the flavors of the spices.
Back when I was little, my family used to have a nickname for me. It was "Dorito Girl." I used to love Doritos when I was a kid. My aunt would make this Dorito Taco Salad, and I'd ask her if she would be bringing that every time there was a family gathering. Today, I still love Doritos. Any kind. I admit that I could devour a whole bag of Doritos in just one day. Doritos are the ultimate junk food in my opinion. Doritos and a can of hard Coca Cola.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
If you're looking for the ultimate junk food casserole, this is it. It's layers of cheese, chicken, and cream of chicken soup.
It almost reminded me of nachos, but without any beans, pico de gallo, or sour cream. Very yummy, and something your kids will love.
Oh yah, and this is by no means a healthy recipe, unless you count the cheese as dairy and the chicken as the protein, and serve a side of broccoli. Just saying.
Ingredients for Dorito Chicken Casserole
- Cooked chicken breasts, shredded or chopped - They’re lean and quick-cooking and always come out juicy and tender. Use an instant-read thermometer to make sure that the chicken is not over cooked. When reading labels for chicken breasts try to find ones that say Organic or Free Range. Save some time and buy shredded rotisserie chicken in the store.
- Greek Yogurt - is considered great for a variety of reasons. It is typically higher in protein and lower in sugar than regular yogurt, making it a good choice for those looking to maintain a balanced diet.
- Salsa - Use your favorite jar of storebought salsa or homemade salsa.
- Doritos (any kind) crushed - Any cheese flavored tortilla chip from a different brand is fine for this.
- Cans of cream of chicken soup - is a type of canned soup that has had most of its water content removed, resulting in a thick and concentrated product. Or use a homemade recipe.
- Sharp Shredded Cheddar Cheese (fat free) - Reduced-Fat Cheese has a lower calorie count and less saturated fat than regular cheese, but it may also have a different taste and texture. It also helps with keeping the calorie count pretty low for this recipe.
- See the recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
How to make Dorito Chicken Casserole
Step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray a 9×13-inch pan with cooking spray.
Step 2: Crush the entire bag of Doritos and cover the bottom of the dish.
Reserve one cup of cheese and set it aside.
Step 3: Mix together the cooked chicken, yogurt, cream of chicken soup, salsa, and cheese ingredients in a large bowl. Pour chicken mixture over the Doritos.
Bake uncovered for 20 min. Top casserole with the remaining cheese and bake 5 additional minutes or until melted.
Tip: I like to save some crushed Doritos for the top.
Always store leftovers in clean, food-grade containers. The type of container doesn’t really matter. Use zip lock, glass, plastic, whatever! Make sure to store any leftovers in an airtight container.
I would not suggest freezing this recipe because the Dorito chips will loose their crunchiness after awhile in the freezer.
Yes, just make sure all the ingredients inside the casserole dish are cooled completely before storing it in the fridge. Then bake it the next day.
Other Recipes To Try
If you tried this Chicken Dorito Casseroleor any other recipe on my website, please please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how you go in the 📝 comments below. I love hearing from you! Follow along on Tiktok @jennarecipediaries
Back when I was little, my family used to have a nickname for me. It was "Dorito Girl." I used to love Doritos when I was a kid. My aunt would make this Dorito Taco Salad, and I'd ask her if she would be bringing that every time there was a family gathering.
- 3-4 cooked chicken breasts, shredded or chopped
- 20 Doritos (any kind) crushed
- 2 10oz cans of cream of chicken soup (98% ff)
- ½ cup of salsa (any kind)
- ¾ cup Greek Yogurt
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese (fat free)
- Crush the entire bag of Doritos and cover the bottom of the dish.
- Reserve one cup of cheese and set it aside.
- Mix together the cooked chicken, yogurt, cream of chicken soup, salsa, and cheese ingredients in a large bowl. Pour chicken mixture over the Doritos.
- Bake uncovered for 20 min. Top the casserole with the remaining cheese and bake 5 additional minutes or until melted.
- Tip: I like to save some crushed Doritos for the top.
My WW Personal Points: 4 Click here to see in recipe builder (will have to log in)
- Category: Easy
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 284
- Sugar: 2g
- Sodium: 683mg
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 12g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 25g
Keywords: chicken dorito casserole