Rice Krispie treats are a classic dessert that can be made in many different variations. One popular variation is to add Oreos to the recipe. This creates a delicious and crunchy treat that is perfect for any occasion.
These Oreo Rice Krispie treats are sure to be a hit with kids and adults alike. They are a fun and delicious twist on a classic dessert that everyone will love.
I almost forgot to post this recipe! This weekend was so fun. Went to the lake and played cards, drank margaritas, and ate a lot of good food with my family. I brought these rice crispy treats because my sister-in-law likes rice crispy treats. Had a package of Oreos leftover, so in they went. Everyone loved them! I made a whole 9X13 pan and they didn't last long. By the end of the night, they had ate almost the whole entire pan!
I figured it was going to be one of those weekends where your healthy eating habits goes out the door anyway... All my Oreos are gone, so there won't be any more oreo recipes for awhile. 🙂
- Rice crispy cereals - Rice Krispies cereal is a popular breakfast food that has been enjoyed by children and adults alike for generations. It is a type of crispy rice cereal that is made by toasting rice grains and then adding sugar and salt to create a deliciously sweet and savory flavor.
- Light butter (such as country crock) - I like to use light butter to help reduce the calories.
- Mini marshmallows - One of the great things about mini marshmallows is their versatility. They can be used in a wide range of sweet treats, from Rice Krispie treats to rocky road fudge.
- Oreo minis (40 cookies) - Are a chocolate cream filled wafer cookie that comes in a variety of flavors. If you don’t know what these are by now, you’re living under a rock or some kind of cave. They come in a variety of flavors. I used reduced fat regular size Oreos in the picture can use either one.
- See the recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
How to Make Cookies and Cream Rice Krispy Treats
Step 1: Grease a 13 x 9 inch pan with nonstick cooking spray.
Step 2: Lightly coat a large saucepan with nonstick cooking spray. Add marshmallows and butter to the pan. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until completely melted. Remove from heat. Quickly add cereal and stir until well coated.
Step 3: While the butter and marshmallows are melting, crush the oreo minis. Save some to spread on top of the cookies Spread mixture into prepared pan and press into a flat, even layer. Cool completely, then cut into bars.
Cut the treats into 20 equal pieces. Serving size one piece or bar.
What else can you add in Rice Krispie Treats?
Rice Krispie Treats are a classic dessert that almost everyone loves. The simple combination of marshmallows, butter, and Rice Krispies cereal creates a sweet and crispy treat that is hard to resist.
However, if you want to take your Rice Krispie Treats to the next level, there are many tasty additions that you can mix in to create a unique and delicious twist. Some popular options include adding chocolate chips, peanut butter, or Nutella to the melted marshmallow mixture before adding the cereal.
Mix in some cookie butter to make Cookie Butter Rice Krispies.
Another fun idea is to drizzle melted chocolate or caramel over the top of the treats once they've cooled. The possibilities are endless, so get creative and experiment with different mix-ins to find your new favorite version of this classic dessert.
Other Recipes to Try
If you tried this Cookies and Cream Rice Krispie Treats any other recipe on my website, please please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how you go in the 📝 comments below. I love hearing from you! Follow along on Tiktok @jennarecipediariesPrint
Rice crispy treats with crushed Oreo cookies
- 6 cups of rice crispy cereals
- 6 tablespoons of light butter (such as country crock)
- 6 cups of mini marshmallows
- 1 container of Oreo minis (40 cookies)
- Grease a 13 x 9 inch pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Lightly coat a large saucepan with nonstick cooking spray. Add marshmallows and butter to the pan. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Quickly add cereal and stir until well coated. While the butter and marshmallows are melting, crush the oreo minis. Save some to spread on top of the cookies Spread mixture into prepared pan and press into a flat, even layer. Cool completely, then cut into bars.
- Cut the treats into 20 equal pieces. Serving size one piece or bar.
myWW points: Blue Points: 5; Green Points: 5; Purple Points: 5
- Category: Easy
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 119
- Sugar: 13
- Fat: 3
- Saturated Fat: 1
- Carbohydrates: 23
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 1
Keywords: Cookies and Cream Rice Krispy Treats