Tomato soup is a classic dish that is loved by many. It is easy to make, requires only a few ingredients, and can be served as a starter or as a main course. One way to elevate the simple tomato soup is by making it in a blender. This method not only saves time, but also creates a smooth and velvety texture that will have you craving for more.
My tomatoes in the garden are finally starting to turn red and I was able to manage about 20 tomatoes for my first crop! I was really craving some Tomato Soup and I found this Blender recipe for tomato soup.
Guys, this soup recipe couldn't be easier, and I LOVE finding easy recipes. This is going to be my go to recipe for Tomato Soup from now on. Slice the tomatoes and cut the onions. Place them on a sheet tray with some parchment paper. I like to use parchment paper for easy clean up. Bake the tomatoes and onions at 400 degrees for 30 minutes until the become nice and golden brown. Then pop them in the blender and add some basil and blend. Instant homemade soup without all the fuss and sodium.
Why You Will Like This Recipe
This recipe is also great for controlling the amount of sodium that goes into it. Those canned soups have so much of that in them and this one has 77 mg per serving! Only 3 Smart Points per serving!
Blender soups are a great way to incorporate more vegetables into your diet. The smooth and creamy texture of the soup makes it easy to digest, and the added vegetable broth provides additional nutrients and flavor. By making the soup from scratch, you can control the amount of salt and sugar that goes into it, which is especially important for those who are watching their sodium or sugar intake.
- Tomatoes, halved - the best type of tomatoes to use are ones that you have just started growing in your garden.
- Medium onions - yellow or white
- Garlic - Chopped fresh garlic can take some time to chop so I often always use the freshly minced garlic that comes already made in a jar.
- Olive oil - Look for olive oils that are labeled as extra virgin, cold-pressed, and unfiltered for the highest quality.
- Fresh basil - sometimes if I don't have any fresh basil I'll use either a couple tablespoons of store bought pesto.
- salt and pepper, to taste
- See the recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
How to Make Tomato Blender Soup
Place halved tomatoes, quartered onions, and garlic cloves into a large bowl.
Add oil and season well with salt and pepper. Stir well to coat.
Pour the vegetables onto a baking tray and roast at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.
Remove tray from oven let cool for 5 minutes.
Place roasted vegetables in blender along with sliced basil and blend until smooth.
Add salt and pepper as necessary.
Heat soup on the stove, if necessary.
Variations of Tomato Blender Soup:
If you want to mix things up, try adding different herbs or spices to your soup. Basil, thyme, and oregano are all great options that pair well with tomatoes. You can also add a splash of cream or coconut milk to make the soup richer and creamier. For a heartier meal, try adding cooked rice or pasta to the soup.
Other Recipes to Try
If you tried this Tomato Blender Soup orany other recipe on my website, please please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how you go in the 📝 comments below. I love hearing from you! Follow along on Tiktok @jennarecipediariesPrint
Guys, this soup recipe couldn't be easier, and I LOVE finding easy recipes. This is going to be my go to recipe for Tomato Soup from now on.
- 8-10 tomatoes, halved
- 2 medium onions, quartered
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- ⅓ cup sliced fresh basil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Place halved tomatoes, quartered onions, and garlic cloves into a large bowl.
- Add oil and season well with salt and pepper. Stir well to coat.
- Pour the vegetables onto a baking tray and roast at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Remove tray from oven let cool for 5 minutes.
- Place roasted vegetables in blender along with sliced basil and blend until smooth.
- Add salt and pepper as necessary.
- Heat soup on the stove, if necessary.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
WW Points 2 Click here to see in recipe builder (will have to log in)
- Category: Easy
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 92
- Sugar: 2
- Fat: 9
- Saturated Fat: 1
- Carbohydrates: 4
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 1
Keywords: blender soup