Blender salsa might be the best salsa and easiest salsa I’ve ever made. Just throw all your ingredients into a blender and you’ll have fresh salsa just like at the restaurants.
Have you ever ate at Moe’s Mexican restaurant? It’s like a Qdoba Mexican Grill or Chipotle. They are known for their queso dip but I like their fresh salsas as well. What I like most about this salsa is that the only equipment needed to make this is a food processor/blender. No cooking on the stove top required. I’ll probably be bringing this to the lake this summer.
The first 3 ingredients you probably already have in your pantry too! Canned tomatoes and canned tomatoes with chiles. I added in some cumin for some spice and then topped the salsa on top of some tostadas. I love tostadas. They’re an easy meatless meal to make and doesn’t require any use of pots and pans. Just warm the beans and shells in a microwave. 🙂
My dog tried to get some too.
- 28 ounces whole or diced tomatoes
- 1 12 ounce can diced tomatoes and chiles
- 1 4 ounce can diced green chiles
- optional: 1 jalapeño, seeded and finely diced
- ⅔ cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- juice of 1 lime (or more to taste)
- ½ white onion, diced
- ½ red onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- salt + pepper to taste (for me this is about 3 teaspoons salt, 2 teaspoons pepper)
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and pulse until well combined.
- Serving size: 2 tablespoons
myWW points: Blue 0; Green 0; Purple 0
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Blender
- Serving Size: 2 tablespoons
- Calories: 39
- Sugar: 4g
- Sodium: 221mg
- Fat: 0g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 9g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 2g
Keywords: blender salsa