Taco Casserole – this taco casserole is made with layers of taco seasoned ground beef, a layer of baking mix, and taco toppings! Easy to throw together and great for a pot luck or Taco Tuesday.
My family loved this taco casserole recipe that my Aunt Carol had made for lunch on Saturday. Everyone was raving about it and how good it was. I asked her where she found the recipe and she said “Pinterest.” LOL, go figure right? Everyone uses Pinterest to find recipes online these days, and why not? It’s a great search engine.
I did a quick search on Pinterest and found this recipe for Taco Casserole from Lil Luna. It was the closest one I could find to her recipe (which used biscuit baking mix). Below, there’s several different options on how you can prepare this Taco casserole using ground beef, turkey, or chicken. A lot of people like lower point options for their recipes when following Weight Watchers. I just prefer the taste of ground beef better, compared to ground chicken or turkey. If I had to choose between chicken or turkey I would choose ground turkey.Print
- 1 lb 96% ground beef
- 1 packet low sodium taco seasoning such as Mrs. Dash
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cups 1% milk
- 10 tablespoons of baking mix (such as Bisquick)
- dash pepper
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt
- 1 cups chopped lettuce
- 1/4 – 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1 cups fat free cheddar cheese or Monterey jack cheese (points figured using FF cheddar)
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Cook ground beef over medium heat in a large skillet until no longer pink. Drain any fat and add taco seasoning. Whatever package says to use. 🙂
- Spray the 9X9 pan with cooking spray and add the ground beef to the pan.
- Beat eggs and milk in a large bowl. Stir in biscuit mix and pepper and mix until combined well. Pour over meat and bake until golden brown (about 20-25 minutes).
- Let cool for a few minutes and then spread on greek yogurt.
- Top with lettuce, cheese, and tomatoes. Serve warm and ENJOY!
- Cut into 4 equal servings, serving size = 1 slice
myWW points: Blue 7; Green 8; Purple 7
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 346
- Sugar: 2
- Fat: 13
- Saturated Fat: 5
- Carbohydrates: 17
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 39
Keywords: easy taco casserole bake