Do you want the perfect roasted potatoes? Well, look no further! Ina Garten’s Garlic Roasted Potatoes are some of the best roasted potatoes I’ve made to date. I made these as a side to go a long with the Perfect Roast Chicken on Sunday night. Those two together made the perfect dinner too. I have a double oven so it’s pretty easy to cook both the chicken and the potatoes at the same time. If you don’t have a double oven, you could always cook the potatoes underneath the chicken in the same pan. I guess the chicken juices make the potatoes taste even better. I haven’t tried it yet, but one of these days I’m going to do that!
I got my backdrops today and can’t wait to make something and take a picture with them. I tested them with a bowl of doritos and they look pretty cool! My favorite is the white one so far. 🙂
Recipe adapted from Food Network.Print
- 3 pounds small red or white potatoes
- 1/4 cup good olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic (6 cloves)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut the potatoes in half or quarters and place in a bowl with the olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic; toss until the potatoes are well coated. Transfer the potatoes to a sheet pan and spread out into 1 layer. Roast in the oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until browned and crisp. Flip twice with a spatula during cooking in order to ensure even browning.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven, toss with parsley, season to taste, and serve hot.
Smart Points: 7