My fridge was so full of fruit this weekend. There was a pineapple, watermelon, cantelope, strawberries, and blueberries. On top of that there were some bananas going a little too ripe. My husband decided to go on a no sugar diet after we bought all that fruit and he’s the one that usually ends up eating all the fruit. I can’t really eat a lot of fruit myself, especially all of that fruit. What in the World am I going to do with all???? So, what I did with most of it was cut it all up and put the fruit in storage freezer bags for smoothies later on. I’ve been on this smoothie kick lately since I’m not drinking soda now. I cut the cantelope and watermelon up and put it in this huge red bowl and just sat on the couch eating that and snoozing all day long on Sunday.
I wanted to make something with the fruit I got, so I made these mini fruit cookie cups. I even cut the pieces of fruit to be mini and if you don’t notice some of the pieces of fruit look like little faces on the cookie. I did not do that on purpose. The 4th of July is on Friday and since I had some blueberries and strawberries in the fridge still, these were perfect for the fruit cups. Cheat, and use store bought sugar cookie dough that’s already been made to help save on some time. The middle filling is cream cheese, powdered sugar, and cool whip. Top with whatever fruit you like, doesn’t have the ones I used.Print
- 1 tube of store bought cookie dough
- 4oz low fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup of powdered sugar
- 1 cup of light cool whip
- Sliced strawberries and Blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Take about a 1/2 inch sized cookie dough ball and press them into every one of the muffin tin cups.
- Bake at 350 for 7 minutes.
- While the cookie dough is baking mix the the frosting. In a bowl combine the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and cool whip with a mixer. Fill the frosting into a piping bag and cut the bottom where the tip goes with a scissors.
- Let the cookie dough cups cool.
- Once the cookie dough cups have cooled, fill the cups with the cream cheese mixture. Top with blueberries and cut strawberries.