A simple and easy recipe for Fish and Chips made in your air fryer to cut back on added fat and extra calories. The fish is homemade but I use store-bought fries to save time in the kitchen.
Air Fryer fish and chips is by far one of my most favorite meals to make in the air fryer. The air fryer I use is a 3.5 qt air fryer by Avalon Bay. Its perfect for single people living alone (like me) or couples that live together. If you’re looking to feed a larger family then get an air fryer with a higher quart size.
The first thing I ever air fried was frozen french fries. I plan on doing a post on that later on. Any type of frozen Ore-Ida products work great in the air fryer. Especially their tator tots. They come out so crispy.
Then I tried cooking frozen chicken and fish in the air fryer and wanted something a bit healthier. Frozen seafood has a lot of sodium in it and by making your own breaded fish there’s a lot less sodium and it’s less processed. You use the same method for deep frying. Dredge the fish in flour, egg (beaten), and bread crumbs. Season them, and place them in your air fryer basket. Add the chips to the air fryer basket and cook at 390 for 15 minutes. Serve with homemade tarter sauce and whatever you like to dip your chips in. Ranch for me!Print
- 2 4-6 oz Tilapia Filets
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup of panko bread crumbs
- Old Bay Seasoning
- salt and pepper
- Frozen Crinkle Cut Fries such as Ore Ida
- Gather 3 small bowls. In one bowl add the flour, in the 2nd bowl add the egg and beat it with a wire whisk, in the 3rd bowl add the panko bread crumbs and Old Bay Seasoning.
- Take the fish and dredge it in the flour, then the egg, and next in the bread crumbs. Add to the air fryer a long with 15 frozen french fries. Air Fry for 15 minutes at 390 degrees.
- Serving size: 1 tilapia filet. Use serving size on fry package for fries and measure out accordingly.
myWW points: Blue 7; Green 10; Purple 7
Points are calculated with the WW recipe builder app and not using the nutrition info.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 219
- Sugar: 1
- Sodium: 356
- Fat: 5
- Saturated Fat: 3
- Carbohydrates: 18
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 25