It’s the middle of November and Pumpkin spice season is starting to come to an end. So, here’s one more pumpkin recipe for you to try and today I’m sharing some Pumpkin Spice Waffles. If you just want the recipe use the skip to recipe feature at the very top of this post.
I like to serve these with maple syrup and the maple whipped topping from Aldi. Some sauted spiced cinnamon apples would be really good on top of these waffles or some homemade sugar-free applesauce. You can make these ahead of time and freeze them in one of those freezer storage bags. Then take them out and reheat them when ready to eat.
Why You Will Like This Recipe
In addition to being delicious, pumpkin spice waffles also have some health benefits. Pumpkin is a good source of fiber, potassium, and vitamin C. It's also low in calories and high in antioxidants. So, when you indulge in a plate of pumpkin spice waffles, you're not just satisfying your taste buds, you're also nourishing your body.
Pumpkin spice waffles can also be customized to your liking. You can add chopped nuts, chocolate chips, or whipped cream to make them even more special. You can also make them gluten-free by using a gluten-free flour blend.
What kind of waffle iron do you use?
I just recently purchased a mini dash waffle maker and it’s my favorite. If you’re ketto or do low carb they are great for making chaffles as well.
Ingredients for Pumpkin Spice Waffles
- Self-rising flour is a type of flour that already contains baking powder and salt, which are essential ingredients in many baked goods.
- Sugar - I like to use real sugar with my recipes because sugar substitutes upset my stomach. If you wish to use a sugar substitute you can, just look up the conversions for it
- Pumpkin Pie Spice - is a blend of warm, aromatic spices that are commonly used in fall and winter baking. This popular spice mix typically includes cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves, and sometimes allspice. I have a recipe for homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice on my blog
- Milk - Dairy does not like me at all so I go for a lactose free milk such as Fairlife. It also has more protein in it.
- Pumpkin puree is a versatile ingredient that can be used in a variety of dishes, from sweet to savory.
- Apple sauce is a delicious and versatile food that can be enjoyed on its own or used as an ingredient in various recipes.
- Egg - The best type of eggs you can buy at the store are organic or free-range eggs, while others may prefer eggs from specific breeds of chickens
- See the recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
How to make Pumpkin Spice Waffles
Preheat a waffle iron according to manufacturer's instructions.
Combine flour, sugar, pumpkin pie spice and together salt in a bowl. Set aside.
In another bowl, beat together milk, pumpkin puree, applesauce, and egg. Stir flour mixture into the pumpkin mixture.
Ladle the batter onto the preheated waffle iron. Cook the waffles until golden and crisp, 5 to 7 minutes.
Makes 8 mini waffles or 4 large waffles
What to Serve with Pumpkin Waffles
What to serve with pumpkin waffles?
Pumpkin waffles are a delicious and seasonal breakfast treat that can be enjoyed in a variety of ways. If you're wondering what to serve with pumpkin waffles, there are plenty of options that can complement their sweet and spiced flavor.
One popular choice is to serve pumpkin waffles with whipped cream and a dusting of cinnamon or nutmeg. This adds a creamy, indulgent touch that pairs well with the waffles' sweet, autumnal taste. Alternatively, you could serve them with a drizzle of maple syrup or honey for a simple yet satisfying breakfast. Sometimes instead of whipped topping I'll use Cool Whip.
If you're looking for a heartier option, consider serving pumpkin waffles with Air Fryer Bacon or sausage. You could also serve them with scrambled eggs or a breakfast hash for a more filling meal.
Other Recipes to Try
If you tried this Easy Pumpkin Spice Waffles any other recipe on my website, please please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how you go in the 📝 comments below. I love hearing from you! Follow along on Tiktok @jennarecipediariesPrint
It’s the middle of November and Pumpkin spice season is starting to come to an end. So, here’s one more pumpkin recipe for you to try and today I’m sharing some Pumpkin Spice Waffles.
- ¾ cup self-rising flour
- ⅓ cup white sugar
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup 1% milk
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 egg
- Preheat a waffle iron according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Combine flour, sugar, pumpkin pie spice and together salt in a bowl. Set aside.
- In another bowl, beat together milk, pumpkin puree, applesauce, and egg. Stir flour mixture into the pumpkin mixture.
- Ladle the batter onto the preheated waffle iron. Cook the waffles until golden and crisp, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Makes 8 mini waffles or 4 large waffles
my WW: blue 3; green 4; purple: 3
serving size 1 mini waffle
- Category: Easy
- Method: Waffle Iron
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 waffke
- Calories: 167
- Sugar: 10g
- Sodium: 258mg
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 20g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 9g
Keywords: pumpkin spice waffles