Last year was a good year for this blog, and I can’t wait to see what this year brings! The best thing I ever did for this blog, was to buy a book on food photography and practice taking better pictures. The book I bought was Tasty Food Photography, you can get it on Pinch of Yum’s site. Two of my recipes were featured on the Huffington Post and 1 was featured on Buzzfeed. I would like to see my site traffic grow even higher this year, and get more recipes featured. Photographing my food is ALWAYS something I’ve been working on for the longest time, so that is always a must. Thank you for visiting my blog and I hope you continue this year. 🙂 I’m also going to try developing more recipes of my own. Like this one. 🙂
I call this quesadilla the Hangover Quesadilla because it’s great to have when you’re drinking, or when you’re hungover the next the next day. It doesn’t matter what time of day it is either! I was playing Bingo on Saturday morning with my family, and we were sharing a punch bowl. It’s one of those large alcoholic drinks and it had a lot of Midori in it. Yum! By 12:30 I was already gone, and when the waitress came back with our food, which is what they called The Hangover Quesadilla, I was so thrilled because I was starving! Booze can do that to you! I remember the quesadilla having eggs, cheese, sausage, bacon, and red bell peppers in it, and I thought that would be super easy to make at home. Once you have all the ingredients cooked (I just did everything in one pan), you can grill the quesadilla on a griddle. Or, just cook them in the same pan you cooked the sausage and bacon in. Who wouldn’t want this delicious quesadilla when you’re drunk or hungover the next day?Print
- 2 6 inch flour tortillas
- 1 large egg
- 1 to 2 ounces of reduced fat cooked sausage
- Low fat Colby and Monterey Jack Cheese
- 1 slice of bacon, cooked
- sour cream
- chopped chives
- salsa for dipping
- Spray a non-stick pan with cooking spray. Let the pan heat up a bit until it’s warm over medium high heat.
- Whisk the eggs in the bowl with a fork and some chopped chives. I usually just eyeball it and add in some pepper. Cook the eggs until they’re scrambled and using a heat proof spatula to clean up the eggs in the pan. Spray the pan again with cooking spray.
- Place one of the tortillas on the pan, then the cheese, sausage, diced bacon, and scrambled egg. Add some more cheese on top of that if you wish. Then the other flour tortilla. Cook the flour tortilla until its golden brown on the bottom. Flip it over and cook the other side like that until everything in the middle is warmed through. Garnish with sour cream and serve with salsa.
myWW points: Blue Points: 8; Green Points: 10; Purple Points: 8
- Serving Size: 1 quesadilla
- Calories: 365
- Sugar: 4
- Fat: 17
- Saturated Fat: 5
- Carbohydrates: 23
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 19