I'm going to be doing a little mini series on my page called 14 Days of Christmas Recipes and I'll be posting a new Holiday-ish recipe for the next 14 days. Why? This site doesn't have very many Christmas recipes and the second reason is because I want to give myself a challenge. I'll be posting easy dessert recipes, appetizers, and festive drinks for your soul so stick around and gain some weight with me! Just kidding on the weight gain part. But no seriously, when it comes to the Holidays, I want fast and simple recipes to put together.
One thing I like around the Holidays is fudge. This recipe isn't really a true fudge recipe. Fudge requires heating up sugar and butter and milk in a pot until it reaches a certain temperature. I just like this recipe because you dump the chocolate chips, condensed milk in a bowl and let that melt in the microwave. Add in whatever you like and pour it into a pan to set. Easy instant "fudge." Or candy, whatever you prefer.Print
- 3 cups 8 oz. chocolate chips
- 1 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup unsalted peanuts
- 1 ½ cups mini marshmallows
- Prepare an 8×8 baking dish by lining with foil or parchment paper.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk, and salt. Microwave on high for a minute. Stir.
- Addin the peanuts and marshmallows and stir again.
- Spread the mixture out into the prepared baking dish and refrigerate until it is completely cold. Remove the fudge from the dish and cut into 16 squares with a sharp knife. Enjoy!
To make this recipe more WW friendly use a bag of Lily's chocolate chips and a can of fat-free sweetened condensed milk.
Makes 15 servings
4 smart points for the fudge base. (does not include peanuts and marshmallows)