Fudge stripe cookie fruit salad is that type of salad that makes you think twice about what a salad can be. It is a delicious salad and not the very healthiest of salads. There’s pineapple and mandarin oranges, cool whip, and cookies involved, plus a lot of mixing. If you live in the Mid West, I’m pretty positive that Fudge Striped Cookie Salad has appeared at one of your family gatherings or potlucks. It is a staple salad at my families events or parties. Heck, you can even go to the grocery store down the street and every other day they serve it in their deli. In my opinion, this cookie salad is more like a dessert but whatever people want to call it these days I guess…. it is still very yummy!
To make this salad more Weight Watcher friendly, you can use fat free cool whip, low fat buttermilk, and reduce the amount of cookies that the original recipe calls for. Which was the whole entire box. As you can see in my video, I chose to go with the full fat version and figured out the weight watcher points for you still. This recipe makes a ton and there’s probably around 15 servings of it.
- 2 (3.4 oz) packages vanilla instant pudding (sugar free)
- 2 cups low fat buttermilk
- 2 (8 oz) containers of fat free Cool Whip
- 1 (20 oz) can pineapple tidbits (drained well)
- 1 (11 oz) cans mandarin oranges (drained)
- 6 fudge-striped cookies (I used Keebler)
- In a large bowl, mix together the dry pudding mixes and buttermilk. It will be really thick.
- Fold in the Cool-Whip.
- Stir in the pineapple and mandarin oranges until incorporated.
- Break cookies into bite-size pieces with your hands or chop the cookies and gently fold into salad mixture.
- You can serve this immediately or set it in the fridge and let it cool before serving.
- If preparing ahead of time, add cookies right before serving.
Makes 15 servings (divide into 15 equal servings)
Smart Points: 5
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 186
- Sugar: 7
- Fat: 2
- Saturated Fat: 1
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 21
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 1