The above photo was taken today (5/5/14). The below picture was taken in July of 2010. Any questions!?
- 12 Whole Wheat Lasagna Noodles, uncooked
- 1 lb. skinless chicken breast, cooked and cubed
- 3 cups spaghetti sauce (cheese blends are best)
- 1 cup Texas Pete Buffalo-style Wing Sauce
- 1 ½ cups water
- 15 oz. nonfat ricotta cheese
- ½ cup egg substitute
- ½ cup blue cheese crumbles or pepper jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly spray a 9x13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. In a small mixing bowl, combine ricotta cheese and egg substitute and set aside. In a different mixing bowl, combine water, spaghetti sauce, wing sauce and chicken. Spread approximately one cup of the sauce and chicken mixture across the bottom of the pan, and arrange four of the noodle over the sauce. Spread a layer of sauce over the noodles, and then spread a layer of the ricotta mixture over the sace. Add another layer of noodles and repeat the process until you end with a layer of just the sauce and chicken mixture. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 60 minutes. Remove dish from the oven, sprinkle blue cheese crumbles evenly over the top. Place back in the oven uncovered and bake for an additional 15 minutes. Makes 9 servings!
If you like buffalo chicken wings, then you will definitely like this lasagna. I didn’t quite exactly follow the recipe the first time. The only thing I did differently was use less water and I let the chicken cook while the lasagna was cooking. It saves some time, unless you have had a previous recipe in the week that calls for cubed chicken. Another thing about this recipe is that, since the sauce is so liquidy, the noodles cook in the oven. You don’t have to boil them. Thank god, cause it’s hot out and I don’t need any more heat coming into the house right now!
I think later on tonight, I will probably wake up with some heart burn, but oh well. It is worth it. Frank’s Buffalo Wing Sauce is so good. This recipe would have been even better if it had some ranch in it somewhere. I was thinking of mixing a couple of teaspoons of ranch seasoning with the ricotta cheese next time that I make this. Which will be the next time Ben is gone. 🙂
This recipe is 6 points per serving.
Points Plus (on new plan): 9
Are you a buffalo chicken freak/fanatic just as much as I am? Check these recipes out!
Weight Watcher Recipes, Weight Watcher Recipes, Weight Watcher Recipes, Weight Watcher Recipes, Weight Watcher Recipes, Weight Watcher Recipes, Weight Watcher Recipes, Weight Watcher Recipes, Weight Watcher Recipes, Weight Watcher Recipes,Weight Watcher Recipes,Weight Watcher Recipes,Weight Watcher Recipes, Weight Watcher Recipes