This recipe was published in 2010 and it still continues to be one of my favorite lasagna recipes. The noodles don’t need to be precooked at all. They do that while the lasagna is cooking in the oven. There have been many times when I forgot to add the extra cup of water to the sauce mixture and I would add that in before cooking the lasagna. Directly into the pan, around the edges. It still turns out good!
Another time-saving shortcut I use to make this lasagna is to cook some chicken breasts in my Instant Pot. The chicken breasts are done in 20 minutes and are easy to shred. Make the sauce, cheese mixture, and layer everything in the pan. Boom, done. Now all you have to do is be patient and wait for an hour. There’s just something about buffalo chicken though. It’s like cauliflower and can be turned into anything or made into any recipe!
Note: In the video, I used marinara sauce instead of crushed tomatoes but the recipe below says crushed tomatoes. Crushed tomatoes is 0 points. Also, I forgot to add in the 1 1/2 cups of water when I made this video and added it towards the end. The sauce cooks the noodles in the oven.
- 8 Whole Wheat Lasagna Noodles, uncooked
- 1 lb. skinless chicken breast, cooked and cubed
- 3 cups crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup Franks Buffalo Wing Sauce
- 1 ½ cups water
- 15 oz low fat ricotta cheese
- ½ cup egg substitutes such as Egg Beaters or 1 egg
- 8 oz of pepper jack cheese, or blue cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly spray a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. In a small mixing bowl, combine ricotta cheese and egg substitute and set aside. In a different mixing bowl, combine water, crushed tomatoes, wing sauce and chicken. Spread approximately one cup of the sauce and chicken mixture across the bottom of the pan, and arrange four of the noodle over the sauce. Spread a layer of sauce over the noodles, and then spread a layer of the ricotta mixture over the sauce. Add another layer of noodles and repeat the process until you end with a layer of just the sauce and chicken mixture. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 60 minutes. Remove dish from the oven, sprinkle blue cheese crumbles or pepper jack cheese evenly over the top. Place back in the oven uncovered and bake for an additional 15 minutes. Makes 8 servings!
8 smart points per serving Divide into 8 servings
Are you a buffalo chicken freak/fanatic just as much as I am? Check these recipes out!
Weight Watcher Recipes, Weight Watcher Recipes, Weight Watcher Recipes, Weight Watcher Recipes, Weight Watcher Recipes, Weight Watcher Recipes, Weight Watcher Recipes, Weight Watcher Recipes, Weight Watcher Recipes, Weight Watcher Recipes,Weight Watcher Recipes,Weight Watcher Recipes,Weight Watcher Recipes, Weight Watcher Recipes