I’ve been noticing a trend in the type of recipes you guys like lately, and what I’ve found was, that you guys mostly like pasta and casserole recipes. I’ve done Caprese pasta salads before on this blog, but not a Weight Watcher version. There’s not a lot of difference between a lightened up version of this dish, and a regular version. It’s just your typical tomato, basil, and mozzarella. Use a whole grain penne pasta. Barilla has one with 19 grams of protein. Just make sure to watch your serving size!
I’m taking this to the lake on Friday. By that time, the pasta should be really good. I stored it in a large enough tupper ware container,so that I can just grab it and leave by the weekend gets here. I’ve done that before with the BLT pasta salad and the longer it sits, the better it gets!
- 10 ounces of whole wheat penne pasta, cooked
- 1 pint of heirloom tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 8 oz container of boccocini mozzarella balls
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp of oregano
- 2 tsp of garlic cloves
- ¼ cup of torn basil leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the penne pasta in a medium sauce pan until al dente. About 7 to 8 minutes.
- Cut the basil into thinly sliced strips and the tomatoes in half while the pasta is cooking.
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and oregano.
- Combine the the pasta, and all the rest of the ingredients into a bowl and serve.
Servings: 8 (3/4 cup)