Back when I was little, my family used to have a nick name for me. It was “Dorito Girl.” I used to love Doritos when I was a kid. My aunt would make this Dorito Taco Salad, and I’d ask her if she would be bringing that every time there was a family gathering. Today, I still love Doritos. Any kind. I admit that I could devour a whole bag of Doritos in just one day. Doritos are the ultimate junk food in my opinion. Doritos and a can of hard Coca Cola. Regular coke is just way to sweet for me these days. Think I od’ed on that one time.
If you’re looking for the ultimate junk food casserole, this is it. It’s layers of cheese, chicken, and cream of chicken soup. It almost reminded me of nachos, but without any beans, pico de gallo, or sour cream. Very yummy, and something your kids will love. Oh yah, and this is by no means a healthy recipe, unless you count the cheese as dairy and the chicken as protein, and serve a side of broccoli. Just saying.
- 3-4 cooked chicken breasts, shredded or chopped
- olive oil, for chicken
- salt and pepper for chicken
- 1 bag of Doritos (any kind)
- 2 cans of cream of chicken soup
- ¾ cup Milk
- Sharp Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Preheat oven to 450. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Place the chicken on a lined baking sheet with tin-foil. Drizzle with a little olive oil. Put the chicken in the oven, and bake at 450 degrees for 15-20 minutes. When the chicken is done, take it out and let it set for awhile. Dice the chicken or shred it.
- In a 9X13 casserole dish, start with a layer of Doritos. Then layer on the cooked chicken, and cream of chicken soup mix. Sprinkle some cheese on top, and repeat those 4 layers again.
- Place in oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the cheese is nice and bubbly. This just needs to be heated since the chicken is already cooked through.