Christmas Crunch Popcorn is packed with peanuts, red and green M&M candies, and almond bark. The perfect gift giving snack to bring for someone around the Holidays.
I made this popcorn the day after I had tried it at work on Friday. We had our Christmas party and played bingo. Someone had brought the popcorn in for the party, and I couldn’t believe how good it was. I couldn’t stop eating it! I thought it would be a fun gift to give to people or to put in a Holiday care package so that is what I’m doing.
For the popcorn…. You can go ahead and make the popcorn on the stove top. All you do is heat up some oil in a pan, add about a cup of corn kernels, and top that with sea salt. Just like microwave popcorn, you wait for the kernels to start poppping. Make sure there is a lid over the popcorn or else you’ll have it everywhere! Pour all the popcorn into a very large bowl. I made about 6 cups of popcorn.
You can melt both of the almond barks in two seperate bowls in the microwave. I wouldn’t suggest doing this at the same time. It might explode your microwave. Drizzle the almond bark over the popped popcorn and stir evenly until all the popcorn is coated. ALL. Add in the M&M’s and peanuts. I like to use lightly salted peanuts.
Place the popcorn on a large sheet tray and even the popcorn out. Drizzle the melted dark chocolate all over the popcorn to make it extra fancy. And there you have it, Christmas Crunch Popcorn to give to all your friends and family this year. Find some pretty Holiday gift bag or container to put it in. Literally, you could do a lot of different flavor combos with this method and I’m going to mess with some new ones.Print
Christmas Crunch Popcorn
- 6 cups of popped popcorn
- 8 ounces of almond bark, melted (i used about half the package)
- 4 ounces of chocolate almond bark, melted
- 1 bag of Red and Green M&M candies
- 1 1/2 cups of lightly salted peanuts
- red and green sprinkles (optional)
- parchment paper
- Microwave all the popcorn and add to a large bowl and set aside.
- Melt the almond bark in a microwave safe bowl. Add the melted bark to the popped pop corn and stir until all the popcorn is evenly coated.
- Add in the candies and peanuts. Fold or stir them into the popcorn.
- Lay out the popcorn on a very large sheet tray coated with parchment paper.
- Drizzle the milk chocolate almond bark with a fork over the popcorn to make it look like swirls.
- Store in very large gallon size freezer bags to keep fresh.