Welcome to another addition of “Meatless Monday.” Meatless Monday is my attempt to cut out meat. When thinking about following a certain life style change it is important to slowly get rid of stuff. If you cut everything out at once, you will feel very deprived. In my opinion.
These Veggie Taco Burgers do not make me miss ground beef at all. In fact, I even had some tacos with ground beef on Tuesday last week for dinner and I was kind of grossed out by them. Veggie taco burgers are really simple to make. Just take some cooked lentils, black beans, scallions, and a packet of taco seasoning and puree that all in a food processor. Do not process the beans all the way. You can bake the burgers in the oven or on a skillet. Why not grill them?? It’s still considered grilling season right? These taco burgers were great and I had them 5 times last week.
Taco seasoning packets are legit to me and they work. I get the low sodium ones in the store. I’ve tried making my own homemade taco seasoning and none of the recipes I’ve tried don’t even come close to these taco seasoning packets. Judge me if you want to, but that is how I like taco seasoning, right out of the packet. It’s fast and it’s easy.
- 1 15 oz can of lentils
- 1 15 oz can of black beans
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- ½ cup of scallions
- Add the lentils, black beans, scallions, and taco seasoning to a food processor. Process until well blended but not all the way. You still want some texture and to be able to see the black beans still.
- Add the burger mix to a bowl and start shaping the burgers into patties. I just used to my hands or you can use jar rings to shape them.
- Bake the burgers in the oven at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes or on a skillet. 2 to 4 minutes per side. Enjoy
1 burger (0 smart points)