4th of July Crunch Popcorn – a sweet and salty patriotic popcorn to take for any 4th of July get together.
Remember during Christmas when I made Christmas Crunch popcorn? That same popcorn recipe can be used for any Holiday. Just change up the colors of sprinkles and colored M&M’s and you got yourself some festive tasty popcorn for the Holidays. I love this popcorn recipe. The sweet almond bark, salty popcorn, and peanut M&M’s give this popcorn a sweet and salty combo.
What are you doing for the 4th of July weekend? Hopefully making this popcorn to take to where ever it is you’re going. 🙂 People will be snacking on this all day, you might want to make two batches of it. Just be sure to check for popcorn seeds, because sometimes you will get that one that just didn’t pop and you bite down on it, and hope your teeth don’t fall out. Oops.
4th of July Crunch Popcorn
- 6 cups of popped popcorn
- 8 ounces of almond bark, melted (i used about half the package)
- 4 ounces of almond bark (dyed blue)
- 1 bag of Red, Blue and White peanut M&M candies
- red, white, and blue sprinkles
- parchment paper
- Microwave all the popcorn and add to a large bowl and set aside.
- Melt the almond bark in a microwave safe bowl. Add the melted bark to the popped pop corn and stir until all the popcorn is evenly coated.
- Add in the candies and sprinkles. Fold or stir them into the popcorn.
- Lay out the popcorn on a very large sheet tray coated with parchment paper.
- Drizzle the milk blue almond bark with a fork over the popcorn to make it look like swirls.
- Store in very large gallon size freezer bags to keep fresh.