Weight Watchers Taco Pasta – the best dish to serve on Taco Tuesday or any day of the week!
You know what I call Mondays now? Taco Tuesday Eve. If I remember right, I think I saw that on Facebook and it just stuck with me. 🙂 Everyone seems to hate Mondays but that is what works for me to make Mondays go by faster. What do you guys do on a Monday to make it not seem so blah?
Since tomorrow is Taco Tuesday, I thought that this Taco Pasta would be sufficient. This Taco Pasta has ground beef, cheese, taco seasoning (duh), salsa, and macaroni. It’s almost like Hamburger Helper. You can top it with other taco toppings such as avocado, lettuce, tomatoes, and green onions but if you just added a ton of avocados directly on to the pasta the avocado would brown pretty fast. This Taco Pasta comes in at 9 smart points per serving and makes around 8 servings. Average serving size is a cup.
Well guys, I’m officially a full time blogger. So far it’s working great and that means I have more time to spend on making videos and blogging which is becoming one of my favorite things to do. If you haven’t noticed you can watch my latest videos on the sidebar to the right over there. You can find even more of my videos on Facebook and Youtube. My blogging schedule is going to be 3 times a week: Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays and on Tuesdays I might try and post some lifestyle post. Youtube has been giving me so many different ideas lately but speaking in front of camera frightens me.Print
Weight Watchers Taco Pasta
- 1 lb of elbow macaroni
- 1 lb of 93/7 lean ground beef
- 1 package of low sodium taco seasoning
- 1 cup of salsa
- 1 cup of reduced fat or fat free shredded cheddar cheese
- additional taco toppings such as green onions, tomatoes, avocado, more cheese, fat free sour cream, etc…
- Boil pasta noodles until al dente for around 7 to 8 minutes in a large pot. Drain the noodles and set them aside in a bowl.
- Cook the ground beef in a skillet and drain the fat. Add the ground beef back to the skillet and add the water (3/4 cup), taco seasoning, salsa and cheese. Stir until well combined and then add the noodles. Serve the pasta with more cheese, green onions, tomatoes, avocado, or fat free sour cream if desired. It’s good without all those extra toppings.
Makes 8 servings
Smart Points: 10 (1 cup per serving)
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 345
- Sugar: 3
- Fat: 7
- Saturated Fat: 5
- Carbohydrates: 44
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 25