Air Fryer Apple Hand Pies - these apple pies are ever better than the ones at Mcdonalds!
So, I think this year for Christmas, Santa needs something different other than the usual cookies. Don't you think? Like how about these Apple Hand Pies made in the air fryer? I'm guaranteed he will love them.
These apple hand pies remind me of those deep fried, extremely fatty yummy pies that you get at Mcdonald's. Making them in the air fryer saves half the calories and these apple pies only require 2 ingredients. Store bought apple pie filling (in the can) and an already made pie crust. The canned apple pie filling really reminded me of the filling that Mcdonald's uses in their apple pies. This is by far the best thing that I have made in my air fryer to date. Check out my video on youtube!
How to make a WW friendly apple pie
This recipe calls for store-bought pie crust and a can of apple filling. To make a more Weight Watcher friendly version use the recipe for 2 ingredient dough.
If you make the recipe for 2 ingredient dough the pie would be 4 points per serving. Otherwise, one apple pie made with pie crust is 7. I did not use the whole entire can of pie filling for this. I used about ⅓ cup to ½ cup of pie filling. If you want to use sugar-free pie filling you can, I do not like the taste of sugar-free food.Print
- 1 store-bought pie crust such as Pillsbury or
- 1 recipe for 2 ingredient dough
- ⅓ to ½ cup of apple pie filling
- Lay the pie crust flat on a wood surface. Cut as many equal pieces as you can into squares. Place about 2 tablespoons of the pie filling onto the pie crust and seal the pie filling shut. Prick the sides of the pie crust with a fork.
- Set the temp of your air fryer to 390 and air fry for 8 minutes.
- Serving size: 1 pie.
myWW points: Blue Points: 4; Green Points: 4; Purple Points: 4
points above use the recipe for 2 Ingredient dough