Learn how to make perfect easy-peel hard-boiled eggs made in the air fryer that can be used for egg salad sandwiches, salad, Scotch Eggs, deviled eggs, and more! Use the skip to recipe feature at the top of the post if you don’t want to read the entire post!
There are MANY methods for cooking a hard-boiled egg out there. You can make them on a stove in boiling water, an Instant Pot, and in your oven. My new favorite method for cooking hard-boiled eggs is with my air fryer. Yep, that’s right. You will be amazed at how easy it is to cook them in this popular trendy contraption that looks like Darth Vader’s helmet.
I just place some cold eggs in the air fryer basket, set the timer to 16 minutes and temperature 250 and let the air fryer cook them. So easy and simple to make. Use some Everything Bagel Seasoning to top the eggs with, or eat them however you like. Make some deviled eggs or an egg salad sandwich with these.
The air fryer has been one of my favorite new kitchen appliances and I almost like it better than the Instant Pot. If you are wondering what brand I own, check out the section titled “what are the best air fryers to get.” Also, make sure to check out my other air fryer recipes below.
Tips for Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs
- This method works for a 1400 to 1700 watt air fryer. Might have to cook longer for smaller air fryers.
- Please note, I am not responsible if your eggs don’t turn out. Every air fryer is different and might take longer or less time to cook. There are many comments below where people are mad because they decided to try a whole carton of eggs and they didn’t turn out. Please do not cook 12 eggs at once, especially if this is your first time trying this. Try 1 or 2 eggs at first.
- If your eggs didn’t cook through increase the time. Just have to play around with your air fryer.
- If your air fryer requires preheating then please do that.
- I used cold eggs.
- If you haven’t cleaned your air fryer in a while there might be brown spots on the eggs. This doesn’t ruin them or anything and it has happened to me quite a few times. Don’t worry if you see them.
- I like to use a wire rack to help lift the eggs out of the basket all at once. It is not needed for the recipe. Most air fryers come with a trivet to place on food.
- If your air fryer is in Celsius temp it would be 127. Google has a very handy calculator for converting Fahrenheit to celsius. All you do is a search for that. Not exactly sure how to figure out the time.
What is an Air Fryer?
An air fryer is a kitchen appliance that cooks by circulating hot air around the food using the convection mechanism. It is a downsized version of the convection oven.
Tips for using Air Fryers
Preheating: Some air fryers require preheating and some do not. Be sure to check your air fryer manual. Mine does not require preheating. If the food ever burns or doesn’t cook properly this could be why the recipe didn’t work for you.
Overcrowding: Do not overcrowd the basket. Some food will not cook properly or all the way through.
Oil: One of the reasons why air fryers are so great is because food doesn’t need a lot of oil. Just a small amount!
Air fryer temperature settings vary according to brand and model. If your air fryer does not have the exact temperature setting called for in the recipe, consult your manual for suggested temperature settings.
What are the Best Air Fryers
There are so many different air fryers out on the market these days and it is hard to pick and choose which one to buy. Every air fryer recipe on this site was tested with a Power XL air fryer. I’ve owned this brand for a very long time now and love it. A lot of questions I get are from people asking me if this works with the brand of air fryer they use. It’s hard to answer that because every air fryer model is different and their temperature and settings can vary. You just have to try it to see if it works for you. These are two brands I own.
EFFORTLESS COOKING: Our 5.3QT Power Air-Fryer comes in handy in preparing amazing meals from your cookbook, and frying a variety of dishes, such as: French fries, chicken, steak, roasts, fish tacos and sticks, waffle fries, pies, pudding and donuts. Make yourself feel like a professional chef in your kitchen with the digital air fryer that can easily replace baking pans, deep fryers, a grill pan, convection toaster oven or any one of your kitchen appliances.
Got this as a gift for Christmas and I love all the different functions this has.
Do you love your air fryer as much as I do? Try these recipes
Other Air Fryer RecipesPrint
Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs – are so easy you’ll never make them on your stove top again!
- 6 large eggs (cold)
- Set your wire rack that came with your air fryer inside the basket and place the eggs on top of the wire rack. If your air fryer didn’t come with a wire rack then just place them in the bottom of the air fryer basket. I’ve done it with and without that and both methods work. I just find that the wire rack is easier to lift them all out of the basket at once.
- Set the temp to 250 and the timer to 16 minutes. After the eggs are done in the air fryer take them out and put them in an ice water bath to stop the cooking. Peel the eggs and enjoy!
myWW Blue 0 Green 2 Purple 0
Disclaimer: Air fryers are like microwaves and all of them have different wattages. That means the time and temperature above might not work for your air fryer. If your eggs don’t turn out this might be why.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Air Fry
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 large egg
- Calories: 77
- Sugar: 0g
- Sodium: 62mg
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 1.6g
- Carbohydrates: .6g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 6.3g
Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with WW in any way. I am just a member who creates recipes based on their points system. This recipe is based on WW Freestyle program, and SmartPoints are the value system the company bases their foods on. Some recipes will have older points system values listed in them.