Apple Pie Nachos – sweet cinnamon chips topped with caramel sauce, cooked apples, and whipped topping. Some softened vanilla-flavored ice cream would make an awesome topping for these nachos. Just let the ice cream sit out at room temperature a bit so it’s easy to scoop out.
If you’re an Aldi shopper like I am, they have their flavored seasonal whipped toppings out right now. Some of the flavors are Pumpkin and Maple. I used some of the pumpkin whipped topping in the pictures for this blog post in case you’re wondering.
These apple pie nachos are a great treat to make during apple season and make sure to share some with your family and friends!
Of course, you can always make tortilla chips deep-fried in some oil but that stinks up the house and doesn’t smell very good.
Instead of making these chips in a deep fat fryer, I used my oven instead. An air fryer also works as well, especially those air fryer ovens where you can set a baking sheet inside of them. Something I’ve learned when making tortilla chips in the air fryer is that if you get them all clumped up together they don’t cook evenly. Depending on the size of your air fryer, they might need to be cooked in batches as well. With an oven, you can cook all the chips on a baking sheet with a wire rack. The chips will get crispy all over.
What Ingredients do I need?
In this section, you can find substitutes or suggestions for certain ingredients. I also will try and list out what the ingredients’ purpose is for.
Flour Tortillas I like to use the Mission brand Carb Counter tortillas but any tortilla will work.
Butter – melted, it helps coat the chips
Seasonings – Cinnamon and Sugar
I have not tested with artificial sugars. If you’re following WW use your favorite artificial sweetener for these. I like to use regular sugar cause some of those upset my stomach. With the low carb chips and sugar used it vary amongst points.
Apples – I used Honey Crisp, but use whatever apple you like.
Condiments – caramel sauce
Topping options – frozen whipped topping such aas Cool Whip
How to make Apple Pie Nachos
To print the full recipe please see the recipe card below.
Preheat oven to 400°F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
Cut the tortillas into even triangles and place in a large mixing bowl. Add 3 tbsp melted butter, sugar, and cinnamon sugar. Toss the chips until they are all evenly coated.
Spread the triangle pieces evenly onto prepared baking sheets and bake for 7 minutes on one side. Flip the chips over and bake for 3 to 5 more minutes or until golden brown.
Prepare chopped apples. Add the apples to a bowl with lemon juice and remaining cinnamon. Stir to coat.
In a medium saucepan, melt butter under medium heat. Add in apple mixture and saute for several minutes until soft and tender.
On a large serving plate, place a layer of tortilla pieces and add apple mixture on top. Repeat with another layer is desired. Top with caramel sauce and whipped cream before serving.
Other Recipes to Try
If you’ve tried this Apple Pie Nachos recipe or any other recipe on the site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out. Snap a picture and upload it to Pinterest.Print
- 6 Flour Tortillas
- 4 tablespoons Butter, divided
- 2 tsps Cinnamon, divided
- 1/4th cup Sugar
- 2 Honey Crisp Apples
- 1/2 Lemon, freshly squeezed
- Caramel Sauce, melted
- 1/2 cup frozen Whipped Topping or Vanilla Ice Cream
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
- Cut the tortillas into even triangles and place in a large mixing bowl. Add 3 tbsp melted butter, sugar, and cinnamon sugar. tossing until coated.
- Spread the triangle pieces evenly onto prepared baking sheets and bake for 7 minutes on one side. Flip the chips over and bake for 3 to 5 more minutes or until golden brown.
- Prepare chopped apples and sprinkle with lemon juice and remaining cinnamon.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter under medium heat. Add in apple mixture and saute several minutes until soft and tender.
- On a large serving plate, place a layer of tortilla pieces and add apple mixture on top. Repeat with another layer is desired. Top with caramel sauce and whipped cream before serving.
Not WW friendly. Calorie info is included to help you figure points out.
- Category: Easy
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/4th
- Calories: 367
- Sugar: 33g
- Sodium: 537mg
- Fat: 17g
- Saturated Fat: 9g
- Carbohydrates: 70g
- Fiber: 25g
- Protein: 8g
Keywords: apple pie nachos