Post Update: 8/10/18 This recipe has been updated with new pictures and a video. I’ve had multiple websites stealing a certain picture from below and not even asking me for my permission to use it. I’m getting pretty sick and tired of this too. If you want to use any of my images please ask me first. My email is in the upper right-hand corner of the sidebar.
I think the hardest part of this recipe was mixing the noodles with the cream cheese. Here’s a couple of helpful tips. Make sure the noodles are very warm and the cream cheese is at room temperature before you start mixing them together. Cut the cream cheese into cubes or even smaller pieces and that will help as well.
Do not go overboard on the Italian Seasoning. I did this once and it was too overpowering and had a very distinct taste.
How to make more Weight Watcher Friendly
Use a low-fat cream cheese or fat-free cream cheese. I prefer ground beef for pasta dishes but feel free to sub 99% Fat-free chicken or ground turkey for this.
ingredients from Plain Chicken
- 12 oz spaghetti
- 1 (28 ounce) jars prepared spaghetti sauce
- 1 lb lean ground beef lean ground turkey
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 8 ounces cream cheese fat free cream cheese
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- In a skillet, brown the ground beef until cooked through; drain fat and stir in spaghetti sauce. Set aside.
- Cook spaghetti according to directions on packet. Drain and place cooked spaghetti in bowl. Add cream cheese, Italian Seasoning and minced garlic. Stir until cream cheese is melted and the spaghetti is thoroughly coated.
- Lightly grease a 9×13″ pan. Spread a small amount of meat sauce in the bottom of the dish. Put spaghetti on top of sauce and top with remaining meat sauce. Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until bubbly.
Points Plus: 10
Smart Points: 11
- Serving Size: 1/8th
- Calories: 405
- Sugar: 3.79
- Fat: 13.12
- Saturated Fat: 4.17
- Carbohydrates: 44.07
- Fiber: 2.7
- Protein: 27.89