This casserole is what you make for brunch on Sunday morning or brinner. Your choice! The hardest part to this casserole is browning the sausage. Serve this casserole with fresh fruit, and maybe some pancakes or muffins and your family will be happy campers. This is also great for leftovers the next day or just as a re-heated breakfast the next morning. Great for microwaving and on-the-go. Take it to work and just heat it up in the microwave and you’re going to be full all morning long!
We had this at the lake one weekend for breakfast with muffins, fruit, and a cinnamon roll casserole. There was plenty of food there that morning to eat. I thought that this would be a great recipe to share with everyone. The perfect recipe for making at the lake this weekend.
Ugh, tomorrow is Monday again. Sometimes I wish I was a dog so I could stay at home all day long and just wait for your owner to get back. That would be life.
5 Ingredient Sausage Hash Brown Casserole
- 2 lb hot breakfast sausage
- 1 (30-32oz) bag frozen shredded hash browns
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large skillet, cook
- sausage until no longer pink. Drain fat.
- Add hash browns to skillet and cook until lightly brown. Place hash browns in bottom of lightly greased 9×13-inch pan. Top with sausage and cheese.
- Whisk together eggs, salt, pepper and milk. Pour over hash brown mixture.
- **Cover and refrigerate at this point if baking later.**
- Bake for 35-40 minutes.
Recipe adapted from Plain Chicken
You can defrost the hash browns first instead of using frozen. Cooking time does not change.
8 smart points (makes 12 servings)
- Calories: 632
- Sugar: 4
- Fat: 46
- Saturated Fat: 16
- Unsaturated Fat: 3
- Trans Fat: 1
- Carbohydrates: 26
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 24