Bacon Wrapped Brown Sugar Little Smokies – Pork wrapped in even more Porky fat goodness. Mmmmm My heart just stopped pounding for a bit.
The first time I ever had these, somebody had brought them for Treat Day. At my old job, we had that every Thursday at 930am. One person would take turns bringing snacks for the week and usually our treat day team, had the most elaborate gourmet snack food. Sure, there were some teams that brought sugary baked treats like donuts and cookies all the time, but our team went all out. And boy, did people on that team like BACON. I swear, everything that was brought to Treat Day had bacon. That is probably where I got addicted to the food too.
I’m bringing these for Treat Day today at my new job. This only happens once a year around Christmas. I cooked them first in the oven until the bacon was brown and the brown sugar was melted. The brown sugar caramelizes in the oven. You have smoky, sweet, and savory going on at all at once. Keep them warm in the crock pot. They will be gone in no time!
- 2 16 oz package of little smokies
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound of bacon
- Tooth Picks
- Preheat air fryer to 360 degrees.
- Cut strips of bacon into about 1 inch to 2 length. Wrap the bacon around the little smokies and insert a tooth pick into them to keep the bacon from falling off.
- In a bowl combine the brown sugar, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar evenly over the little smokies
- Place in air fryer and cook for 10 minutes. If using an oven, bake at 400 degrees for 15 -18 minutes. Best served warm.
Not a WW recipe.
- Calories: 187
- Fat: 13
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 10