Air fryer tater tots are quick and easy snack or side dish that are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. I seasoned the stator tots with Cajun seasoning and made a garlic aoli for dipping.
They are made by placing frozen tater tots in the air fryer basket and cooking them at 400°F for about 10-15 minutes, shaking the basket occasionally to ensure even cooking.
The air fryer is one of my favorite kitchen appliances for cooking frozen food. Check out some of these recipes for Air Fryer Chicken Cordon Blue, Air Fryer Grilled Cheese, Air Fryer Frozen Onion Rings, and Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
The air fryer allows for a healthier alternative to traditional deep-fried tater tots, as it uses minimal oil while still achieving a satisfying crunch. Serve them hot with your favorite dipping sauce for a delicious and effortless snack or side dish.
When was the last time you ate some Tater Tots? When you were a kid? Now that air fryers exist and I’m glad they do, they taste so much better in the air fryer. Pop some frozen taters into the air fryer and air fry them for 12 minutes at 400 degrees.
They come out so good and crispy and you can season them with your favorite seasoning. I used Cajun and made a fancy aioli to go with them.
- Frozen tater tots - Use any frozen brand of tator tots. Ore Ida Extra Crispy Tator tots are my favorite. Sometimes I get the crispy round tator tots cause they look like Potato Oles from Taco Johns and I make my own seasoning.
- Cajun Seasoning or any homemade seasoning that you make!
- Garlic - Chopped fresh garlic can take some time to chop so I often always use the freshly minced garlic that comes already made in a jar.
- Lemon, juiced - This adds a nice burst of citrus flavor to the marinade to help enhance the choice of protein. Use freshly squeezed over bottled juice.
- salt and pepper to taste
- See recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
How to make Air Fried Tater Tots
Step 1: Set your air fryer to 400 degrees. Air fry the tater tots for 10 - 12 minutes or until they are golden brown and crispy.
Step 2: While the tater tots are cooking, make the garlic mayo with the next 3 ingredients in a small bowl. Stir the ingredients together.
Step 3: Once the tater tots come out the oven, season the tater tots with cajun seasoning and serve.
Recipe Notes: If you don't have an air fryer cook the tater tots according to the package instructions.
Tips for using Air Fryers
The air fryer is so great for cooking simple basic food like air fryer steak, air fryer hard-boiled eggs, and air fryer bacon. Cook up some air fryer chicken breasts for the week and use it chicken quesadillas.
Overcrowding: Do not overcrowd the basket. Place items in a single layer in the air fryer basket or some food will not cook properly or all the way through.
Use a spray oil such as Pam to get food extra crispy and to save on calories.
Use parchment paper on the bottom of your air fryer for easy clean up.
Some air fryers require preheating and some do not. Be sure to check your air fryer manual.
Tator tots come out super crispy in the air fryer if you set the temperature to 400 degrees and cook them for 10 - 15 minutes. 400 degrees is the secret to getting the perfect crispy tator tots.
Air fry tator tots at 400 degrees for 10 - 15 minutes. Then mix together a blend of Lawry's Seasoning Salt (4 tsp), Cayenne Pepper (1 tsp), Paprika (2 tsp), and Cumin (1 tsp Cumin).
Other Air Fryer Recipes to Try
If you tried this Air Fryer Tator Tots or any other recipe on my website, please please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how you go in the 📝 comments below. I love hearing from you! Follow along on Tiktok @jennarecipediariesPrint
When was the last time you ate some Tater Tots? When you were a kid? Now that air fryers exist and I’m glad they do, they taste so much better in the air fryer.
- 2 to 3 cups of frozen tater tots
- 1 ½ teaspoon of Cajun Seasoning
- ¼ cup of light mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons of garlic
- ½ lemon, juiced
- salt and pepper
- Set your air fryer to 400 degrees. Air fry the tater tots for 10 - 12 minutes or until they are golden brown and crispy.
- While the tater tots are cooking, make the garlic mayo with the next 3 ingredients in a small bowl. Stir the ingredients together.
- Once the tater tots come out the oven, season the tater tots with cajun seasoning and serve.
myWW points: Blue 6; Green 6; Purple 6
- Category: easy
- Method: air fry
- Cuisine: american
- Serving Size: 12 tots
- Calories: 170
- Sugar: .5g
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 21g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 2g
Keywords: air fryer cajun tater tots