I have this new obsession and it’s called Chik-Fil-A. Fargo didn’t have one for the longest time and it’s been open for over a year now. The lines were so busy when it opened up and I waited it out a couple of months to finally try them. My favorite thing to get at Chik-Fil -A is a Spicy Chicken sandwich. There’s a level of spiciness I can tolerate and if the recipe involves one of those super hot peppers then no thanks. Mild is my highest level of spiciness that I will go to. The heartburn is just unbearable. There are times where I’ve been out grocery shopping and accidentally grabbed a super hot pico or salsa and my mouth was on fire.
Chik Fil A fries a lot of their food in oil. Using an air fryer, you can totally skip all the extra added fat. I’ve never tried making breaded/crispy chicken with flour before in my air fryer because I was a bit skeptical at first. I was thinking that the flour wouldn’t get cooked but if you spray the chicken well enough it will cook. I was totally mind blown and this tasted pretty close to the real thing!
You can serve this with some frozen waffle fries cooked in your air fryer with a copycat version of their famous sauce!
The sauce is equal parts mayo, honey, bbq sauce, and mustard.
- 2 chicken breasts – split in half, lengthwise
- 1/4 cup of pickle juice (drain from jar)
- 1/2 cup of flour
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 1 tsp of paprika
- 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup of 1% milk
- 4 Lite Hamburger Buns
- 1 head of romaine lettuce
- 1 tomato sliced
- Split your chicken breasts in half lengthwise. Add them to a zip lock bag and pour in the pickle juice. Let that marinate in your fridge for 1 hr.
- In a shallow dish add the flour and spices. In another shallow dish add the eggs and milk and whisk them to combine.
- Take your chicken breast out of the bag with a tong and dip them in the eggs and milk first and then the flour mixture.
- Add your chicken to the air fryer basket and spray the top side of the chicken breast. Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees. Set the timer to 7 minutes.
- Once the 7 minutes is done, open up your air fryer and flip the chicken. Spray again and close the basket. Set the timer for another 4 minutes. Serve the chicken on a bun with lettuce and tomatoes.
myWW points: Blue 4; Green 6; Purple 4
- Serving Size: 1 sandwich