Air fryer spicy chicken sandwiches are a delicious and healthy alternative to traditional fried chicken sandwiches. The chicken is coated with a crispy breading and cooked in the air fryer, resulting in a juicy and tender patty. You will love this recipe cause it's a Chik Fil A Dupe!
I have this new obsession and it's called Chik-Fil-A. Fargo didn't have one for the longest time and it's been open for over a year now. The lines were so busy when it opened up and I waited it out a couple of months to finally try them. My favorite thing to get at Chik-Fil -A is a Spicy Chicken sandwich
There's a level of spiciness I can tolerate and if the recipe involves one of those super hot peppers then no thanks. Mild is my highest level of spiciness that I will go to. The heartburn is just unbearable. There are times where I've been out grocery shopping and accidentally grabbed a super hot pico or salsa and my mouth was on fire.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
Chik Fil A fries a lot of their food in oil. Using an air fryer, you can totally skip all the extra added fat. I've never tried making breaded/crispy chicken with flour before in my air fryer because I was a bit skeptical at first.
I was thinking that the flour wouldn't get cooked but if you spray the chicken well enough it will cook. I was totally mind blown and this tasted pretty close to the real thing!
You can serve this with some frozen waffle fries cooked in your air fryer with a copycat version of their famous sauce!
- Chicken breasts - split in half, lengthwise (This just means to butterfly the chicken breasts and split them in half.
- Pickle juice - You'd be surprised how pickle juice can make a great brine for chicken
- Flour - All-purpose flour
- Milk - I have not tested this with any non-dairy milks
- Hamburger Buns - I always like to get light hamburger buns to help reduce the calories
- Romaine lettuce - or any type of lettuce
- Tomato sliced - Roma or Beef Steak
See recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
How to Make Spicy Chicken Sandwiches
Split your chicken breasts in half lengthwise. Add them to a zip lock bag and pour in the pickle juice. Let that marinate in your fridge for 1 hr.
In a shallow dish add the flour and spices. In another shallow dish add the eggs and milk and whisk them to combine.
Take your chicken breast out of the bag with a tong and dip them in the eggs and milk first and then the flour mixture.
Add your chicken to the air fryer basket and spray the top side of the chicken breast. Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees. Set the timer to 7 minutes.
Once the 7 minutes is done, open up your air fryer and flip the chicken. Spray again and close the basket. Set the timer for another 4 minutes. Serve the chicken on a bun with lettuce and tomatoes.
Note: For the Chik Fil A Sauce it is equal parts equal parts mayo, honey, bbq sauce, and mustard.
Tips for using Air Fryers
The air fryer is so great for cooking simple basic food like air fryer bacon wrapped chicken breast, air fryer steak, and. Cook up some air fryer chicken breasts for the week and use the chicke air fryer hard-boiled eggs, for quesadillas, crispy cobb salad, or DIY chipotle burrito bowls to use for lunch or dinner.
Some air fryers require preheating and some do not. Be sure to check your air fryer manual. If the food ever burns or doesn’t cook properly this could be why the recipe didn’t work for you.
Overcrowding: Do not overcrowd the basket. Place items in a single layer in the air fryer basket or some food will not cook properly or all the way through.
What air fryer do I use? Cosori 4 Qt Air Fryer- This air fryer doesn't require any preheating and has several different functions for cooking chicken, meat, frozen foods, etc. There are 5 different functions.
Yes you can, if the chicken or fries ever come to your house cold you can just reheat those in the air fryer for a bit until they get warmed up a bit.
If you tried this Air Fryer Chik Fil A Sandwiches or any other recipe on my website, please please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how you go in the 📝 comments below. I love hearing from you! Follow along on Tiktok @jennarecipediariesPrint
Air fryer spicy chicken sandwiches are a delicious and healthy alternative to traditional fried chicken sandwiches.
- 2 chicken breasts - split in half, lengthwise
- ¼ cup of pickle juice (drain from jar)
- ½ cup of flour
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 1 tsp of paprika
- ¼ tsp of cayenne pepper
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup of 1% milk
- 4 Lite Hamburger Buns
- 1 head of romaine lettuce
- 1 tomato sliced
- Split your chicken breasts in half lengthwise. Add them to a zip lock bag and pour in the pickle juice. Let that marinate in your fridge for 1 hr.
- In a shallow dish add the flour and spices. In another shallow dish add the eggs and milk and whisk them to combine.
- Take your chicken breast out of the bag with a tong and dip them in the eggs and milk first and then the flour mixture.
- Add your chicken to the air fryer basket and spray the top side of the chicken breast. Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees. Set the timer to 7 minutes.
- Once the 7 minutes is done, open up your air fryer and flip the chicken. Spray again and close the basket. Set the timer for another 4 minutes. Serve the chicken on a bun with lettuce and tomatoes.
myWW points: Blue 4; Green 6; Purple 4
Points are calculated with the WW recipe builder app and not using the nutrition info.
- Category: Easy
- Method: Air Fryr
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 sandwich
- Calories: 582
- Sugar: 7g
- Fat: 27g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 37g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 52g
Keywords: Air Fryer Chik-Fil-A Spicy Chicken Sandwich