I saw Trisha Yearwood make this on her show and had to try it and share! This dip is loaded with cheese, mayonnaise, cream cheese, a little bit of cayenne for some spice and it gets topped with bacon. So easy and delicious. Make this dip for any type of gathering like a game day party, girls night, or barbeque.
This recipe has been recently republished with new pictures. The comments below may not reflect the current update. Thanks! 4/8/21
Tips for Charleston Cheese Dip
- Serve this dish with any type of cracker, tortilla chip, or Fritos for dipping.
- Making this dip ahead of time: You can mix all the ingredients together up to the green onions and cover the mix with saran wrap. The day you plan on having your party spread it into the baking dish and add the crackers and bacon. Then bake it in the oven.
- The Ritz crackers are for sucking up all the grease from the cheese.
- Change up the spices and use some Cajun seasoning, red pepper flakes, or Montreal seasoning.
Ingredients Charleston Cheese Dip
Most of these ingredients you should already have in your pantry or fridge minus the Ritz crackers.
- Mayonnaise – Full-fat mayo, can sub sour cream or Greek Yogurt
- Cream Cheese – Full-fat cream cheese, make sure that it is softened so that it is easier to mix.
- Monterey and Cheddar Cheese – Any type of cheese will work for this dish just make sure it’s shredded for easy mixing.
- Green Onions – Can sub dried chives
- Butter Crackers – Any type of cracker can be used for the topping.
- Bacon – Make this ahead of time or use leftover bacon.
How to make Charleston Cheese Dip
For the full recipe, please see the recipe card below.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
In a medium bowl, mix the mayonnaise, cream cheese, Cheddar cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, green onions and cayenne pepper.
Transfer the mixture to a shallow baking dish, such as a 9-inch pie pan. Top the mixture with the cracker crumbs and bake until heated through, about 15 minutes.Remove the pan from the oven and top with the bacon.
Serve immediately with corn chips, crackers or bagel chips.
Other Recipes to Try
If you’ve tried this Charleston Cheese Dip or any other recipe on the site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out. Snap a picture and upload it to share on PinterestPrint
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- One 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup grated sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 8 butter crackers, crushed, such as Ritz
- Corn chips, crackers or bagel chips, for serving
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- DirectionsPreheat the oven to 350 degrees F.I
- n a medium bowl, mix the mayonnaise, cream cheese, Cheddar cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, green onions and cayenne pepper. Transfer the mixture to a shallow baking dish, such as a 9-inch pie pan.
- Top the mixture with the cracker crumbs and bake until heated through, about 15 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and top with the bacon. Serve immediately with corn chips, crackers or bagel chips.
- Category: Easy
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 254
- Sugar: 1g
- Fat: 24g
- Saturated Fat: 10g
- Carbohydrates: 3g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 8g
Keywords: charleston cheese dip