Charleston Cheese Dip is a delicious and creamy appetizer that is perfect for any occasion. This Southern classic is made with a blend of cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and Monterey Jack cheese, and is typically served warm with crackers or baguette slices.
I saw Trisha Yearwood make this on her show and had to try it and share! This dip is loaded with cheese, mayonnaise, cream cheese, a little bit of cayenne for some spice and it gets topped with bacon. So easy and delicious. Make this dip for any type of gathering like a game day party, girls night, or barbeque.
Charleston Cheese Dip is a crowd-pleasing appetizer that is perfect for parties, game day gatherings, or even as a cozy snack for a night in. Give it a try and impress your guests with this delicious Southern classic!
Ingredients Charleston Cheese Dip
- Mayonnaise - Full-fat mayo, can sub sour cream or Greek Yogurt
- Cream Cheese - Cream cheese is a soft, mild-tasting cheese with a smooth, spreadable texture. It is made by combining milk and cream with lactic acid bacteria, which causes the proteins in the milk to coagulate and form curds.
- Monterey and cheddar cheese are two popular varieties of cheese that have become staples in many kitchens throughout the world. Both are delicious and versatile, but have distinct differences in flavor and texture.
- Green Onions - Can sub dried chives
- Butter Crackers - Any type of cracker can be used for the topping.
- Bacon - Make this ahead of time or use leftover bacon.
- See the recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
How to make Charleston Cheese Dip
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
In a medium bowl, mix the mayonnaise, cream cheese, Cheddar cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, green onions and cayenne pepper.
Transfer the mixture to a shallow baking dish, such as a 9-inch pie pan. Top the mixture with the cracker crumbs and bake until heated through, about 15 minutes.Remove the pan from the oven and top with the bacon.
Serve immediately with corn chips, crackers or bagel chips.
Tips for Charleston Cheese Dip
- Serve this dish with any type of cracker, tortilla chip, or Fritos for dipping.
- Making this dip ahead of time: You can mix all the ingredients together up to the green onions and cover the mix with saran wrap. The day you plan on having your party spread it into the baking dish and add the crackers and bacon. Then bake it in the oven.
- The Ritz crackers are for sucking up all the grease from the cheese.
- Change up the spices and use some Cajun seasoning, red pepper flakes, or Montreal seasoning.
Other Recipes to Try
If you tried this Charleston Cheese Dipany other recipe on my website, please please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how you go in the 📝 comments below. I love hearing from you! Follow along on Tiktok @jennarecipediariesPrint
This dip is loaded with cheese, mayonnaise, cream cheese, a little bit of cayenne for some spice and it gets topped with bacon
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- One 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup grated sharp Cheddar cheese
- ½ cup grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 8 butter crackers, crushed, such as Ritz
- Corn chips, crackers or bagel chips, for serving
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- DirectionsPreheat the oven to 350 degrees F.I
- n a medium bowl, mix the mayonnaise, cream cheese, Cheddar cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, green onions and cayenne pepper. Transfer the mixture to a shallow baking dish, such as a 9-inch pie pan.
- Top the mixture with the cracker crumbs and bake until heated through, about 15 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and top with the bacon. Serve immediately with corn chips, crackers or bagel chips.
- Category: Easy
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 254
- Sugar: 1g
- Fat: 24g
- Saturated Fat: 10g
- Carbohydrates: 3g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 8g
Keywords: charleston cheese dip