Christmas Sugar Cookie Bars – an easy and fun festive treat for the Holidays!
I’ve got a major cold kicking my butt right now. Mostly sinus related and I wish it would go away. Sudafed can do some freaky stuff to your body if you take it for a couple of days in a row. It makes the food you eat taste funny so I had to stop taking it. I’d rather be coughing up a storm then having to deal with those side effects. Merry Christmas to me I guess!
I must admit, I took the help from a bag of store bought sugar cookie dough for this recipe. God bless, Betty Crocker! Anything to help during the Holidays right? You can make cookies out of these and put the red and green M&M’s on top it’s so much easier to dump the cookie dough into a pan and sprinkle the M&M’s and white chocolate chips on top. Is it not?Print
Christmas Cookie Bars
- 1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker™ sugar cookie mix SAVE $
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups of red and green M&Ms
- 1/2 cup of white chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 375°F. Line 9-inch square pan with cooking parchment paper or spray with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, beat cookie mix, 1/2 cup butter and the egg with electric mixer on medium speed until a soft dough forms. Press dough in bottom of pan.
- Add in m&ms and chocolate chips to cookie dough and stir.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.