I’m kind of sad that grilling season is almost over with, but at the same time, I am looking forward to Fall and pumpkin season! Next month will be full of pumpkin and apple recipes, I promise, but I got one last grilling recipe for you all and it is so delicious! Shrimp and salmon are my 2 favorites and protein/seafood of choice. Love these two combos together.
Make your own Seasoning Salt
When you have a bunch of spices in your cabinet that you need to get rid of or you just feel like being creative, throw them all together in a jar and you will have a brand new seasoning blend that you can call your own. That is exactly what I did with this seasoning salt recipe and it was so good. I combined lemon pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and a little cayenne pepper to give this a nice little kick. I’ve tested this seasoning on shrimp, salmon, and chicken so far and it is really tasty. I mixed it together with my garlic butter recipe and it is now my go-to seasoning recipe that you might start seeing a lot on this site.
Grill or Bake
You can grill or bake these foil packets, the choice is up to you. I grilled mine on high heat for 5 to 7 minutes and the salmon and shrimp were cooked perfectly. If you bake them I’d do it at a high heat like at 400 degrees for 12 minutes.
What to serve with foil packets?
You can add some extra veggies to the packets like asparagus or broccoli but I cooked up some potatoes in my Instant Pot for 10 minutes in my pressure cooker.
- 1 6oz salmon fillet
- 5 shrimp, peeled and deviened
- 2 tablespoons of softened butter
- 2 tsp of garlic
- 2 tsp of seasoning salt (see recipe below)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 lemon
- Fresh Parsley for garnish (optional)
Epic Seasoning Salt
- 4 tbsp of Lemon Pepper
- 2 tbsp of Onion Powder
- 2 tbsp of Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp of Cayenne Pepper
- Season salmon with salt and salt and pepper.
- Transfer salmon to piece of tinfoil large enough to hold the salmon and shrimp.
- Season shrimp with salt and pepper
- Transfer to tinfoil and place on top of salmon
- In a small bowl, mix together softened butter, lemon pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne, and fresh garlic. Add a tablespoon on top of the shrimp and salmon.
- Close up the sides of the tinfoil so that the salmon and shrimp are completely covered by it.
- Grill or Bake the salmon and shrimp foil packets. Grill on high for 5 to 7 minutes or bake at 400 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes. Squeeze some lemon juice over top and enjoy!
myWW points: Blue 5; Green 14; Purple 5
If you are on the green plan make sure to weigh your salmon fillets first. Points will vary depending on the weight of the salmon.
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 foil packet
Keywords: shrimp and salmon foil packets