Air Fryer salmon comes out juicy and moist every time! Favor the salmon up with your marinade or seasoning to make a healthy and elegant dish any time of the day.
Once you find the perfect cooking time for anything food you wish to air fryer, write it down on a sheet of paper and keep it in a drawer next to your air fryer.
If you don't own an air fryer but still want to cook salmon try How to Smoke Salmon (this is good for making dips with, Grilled Salmon with Mango Salsa, or Garlic Butter Shrimp and Salmon Foil Packets.
I also make air fryer salmon for the famous Tiktok Salmon and Rice Bowls. It's super easy! Air Fryer Steak is also easy to make.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
Salmon is a great source of protein to make for any meal and it can be enjoyed as a balanced meal or for any diet you follow.
Making super juicy and flavorful salmon in your air fryer comes out perfect every time with the suggested time and temperature settings below.
Air Fryer Salmon comes out perfectly cooked every time.
Perfect Air Fryer Salmon every time
- Defrost salmon: It is always best to let your salmon thaw out before cooking it in the air fryer. I like to get the frozen salmon at Sam's Club that comes in packets. Place the frozen salmon in some water to let them thaw out. They will be ready to cook in under an hour!
- How to cook frozen salmon: If you are cooking salmon from frozen use a higher temperature like 400 degrees and cook it longer. 15 minutes is usually good.
- Low Carb/Keto Salmon: This dish is perfect for all kinds of diets. Keto, Low Carb, and salmon is zero points on WW. Salmon is super healthy and contains omega 3’s and healthy fat.
- Use an instant-read thermometer to make sure salmon is properly cooked everytime. Salmon should reach a temp of 145 degrees.
How to Cook Salmon in Air Fryer
Step 1: Set air fryer to 350 degrees. Season salmon with your choice of seasoning salt or marinade.
Step 2: Place the salmon fillets in the air fryer basket. If your air fryer requires preheating then preheat it. Mine does not.
Step 3: Cook the salmon for 12 minutes. You do not need to flip half way through.
How to flavor salmon?
You can use your favorite seasoning, marinade, or just good old salt and pepper to make this salmon in the air fryer. I have a couple of salmon recipes on this blog that can easily be converted to air fryer recipes. I'll list those after the seasonings. Some seasonings that work well with salmon are:
Seasonings: Lemon pepper, Smoked paprika, black pepper, Trader Joe's 21 Seasoning Salute, Everything Bagel Seasoning, Jamaican Jerk Seasoning, Cajun Seasoning, or Old Bay Seasoning
Marinades: Soy Sauce or Teriyaki sauce, Maple Syrup or ginger Garlic Butter Salmon or Spicy Honey Soy Glazed Salmon
Tips for using Air Fryers
- The air fryer is so great for cooking simple basic food like air fryer bacon wrapped chicken breast, steak, and eggs. Cook up some air fryer chicken breasts for the week and use the chicken for quesadillas, salads, or DIY chipotle burrito bowls.
- Some air fryers require preheating and some do not. Be sure to check your air fryer manual. If the food ever burns or doesn’t cook properly this could be why the recipe didn’t work for you.
- Overcrowding: Do not overcrowd the basket. Place items in a single layer in the air fryer basket or some food will not cook properly or all the way through.
What can I serve air fryer salmon?
- Vegetables: Smoked potatoes or smoked asparagus is a great side dish to have with salmon.
- Salad: A great way to get more fiber and vegetables into your diet is to have a salad with your meal. Try Shrimp and Pea Orzo Salad or a light and refreshing cucumber salad.
- Starches: One of my favorite ways to eat this meal is with some rice and avocado. Check out my Salmon Rice Bowl Recipe or try some Air Fryer Twice Baked Potatoes.
How to store leftovers:
Always store leftovers in clean, food-grade containers. The type of container doesn’t really matter. Use zip lock, glass, plastic, whatever! Make sure to store any leftovers in an airtight container before putting it in the freezer or fridge.
This can be prepped the day ahead.
Cosori 4 Qt Air Fryer - This air fryer doesn't require any preheating and has several different functions for cooking chicken, meat, frozen foods, etc. There are 5 different functions.
To cook salmon in the air fryer I always set the temperature to 350 degrees and the time to 12 minutes.
No,cooking salmon in the air fryer does not make your house smell. Just don't let it sit in your air fryer for days and get rid of it right away if there are any leftovers. 😉
Other Great Air Fryer Recipes
If you tried this Air Fryer Salmon Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how you go in the 📝 comments below. I love hearing from you!Print
Cooked Salmon in Air Fryer
- Prep Time: 2 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Total Time: 14 min
- Yield: 2 1x
Air Fryer Salmon comes out Juicy and moist every time! Flavor the salmon up with your favorite marinade or seasoning to make a healthy and elegant dish any time of the day!
- 2 6 oz salmon filets (thawed)
- Seasoning salt of Choice I used Trader Joe's Seasoning Salute
- Set air fryer to 350 degrees. Season salmon with your choice of seasoning salt or marinade.
- Place the salmon fillets in the air fryer basket. If your air fryer requires preheating then preheat it. Mine does not.
- Cook the salmon for 12 minutes. You do not need to flip half way through.
My WW Personal Points: 9 Click here to see in recipe builder (will have to log in)
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Air Fry
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 6oz filet
- Calories: 150
- Sugar: 0g
- Fat: 2g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 0g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 32g
Keywords: air fryer salmon
Was amazing! Cooked as recipe stated! Sprinkled Every thing bagel spice on it! Thank you for posting recipe!
This cooked my salmon beautifully. It looked and tasted absolutely amazing yall. Just a little Greek seasoning before I put it in and it was awesome. Thank you so much.
Which setting do you use when cooking salmon on that air fryer? We have the same one and can't figure out which settings to use for what. Is it grill or airfry or airfry/grill ?
Excellent and it seems sprays.