You are going to love these grilled honey garlic shrimp kabobs. They are brushed with honey and garlic and served with pineapple! Are you getting tired of grilling yet? I'm not. I'm going to continue grilling up until it starts snowing.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
Grilled shrimp are quick and take only 5 - 7 minutes to cook depending on the size of the shrimp.
Shrimp and pineapple are a match made in heaven. They just go together really well with the marinade.
- Shrimp, large or jumbo skin removed and deveined
- Pineapple, cut into small chunks
- Honey - Always go for raw honey and one that is unfiltered. Preferably locally sourced.
- Soy sauce - Use a Low Sodium or if you don’t have that on hand go for Tamari or Coconut Amino Acids
- Chopped garlic - Chopped fresh garlic can take some time to chop so I often always use the freshly minced garlic that comes already made in a jar.
- Crushed red pepper - For some extra heat
- 1 lime, cut in half - This adds a nice burst of citrus flavor to the marinade to help enhance the choice of protein.
- 8 bamboo skewers - These aren't necessary and you can always grill the pineapple and shrimp separately.
See recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
How to Make Shrimp Kabobs
Step 1: In a bowl mix together the honey, garlic, soy sauce, and crushed red pepper. Let the shrimp marinate in the marinade for 30 minutes in the fridge.
Step 2: Cut the pineapple into chunks about the same size as your shrimp.
Step 3: Place a shrimp on the kabob stick and then a chunk of pineapple. Alternate shrimp and pineapple until the kabob stick is full.
Step 4: Once my grill was heated up and ready, I set my kabobs on one side and let them cook for 4 minutes at the highest temp my grill would go.
After grilling is done, squeeze fresh lime juice over the kebobs.
Tips for Cooking Shrimp on the Grill
Shrimp are kind of tricky to get right on the grill. They cook pretty fast and if you cook them for too long they become rubbery. The best method I have found for cooking shrimp on the grill is to use to use bamboo skewers.
You can just lift up the stick in order to flip it, and only turn it once. If you place each little piece of shrimp on the grill then you will have a lot of overcooked shrimp.
Tasty Summer Side Dishes to serve with Shrimp Kabobs
Looking for some tasty Summer side dishes to serve with grilled chicken burgers? Try these out.
If you are grilling shrimp on high heat or it should take a couple minutes. Only 5-7 depending on the size.
The skin on the shrimp will turn pink and no longer be opaque inside. The meat will be white.
Always store leftovers in clean, food-grade containers. The type of container doesn’t really matter. Use zip lock, glass, plastic, whatever! Make sure to store any leftovers in an airtight container before putting it in the freezer or fridge.
More Great Summer Recipes to Try:
If you tried this Grilled Honey Garlic Shrimp Kabobs or any other recipe on my website, please please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how you go in the 📝 comments below. I love hearing from you! Follow along on Tiktok @jennarecipediariesPrint
You are going to love these grilled shrimp kabobs. They are brushed with honey and garlic and served with pineapple! Are you getting tired of grilling yet? I'm not. I'm going to continue grilling up until it starts snowing.
- In a bowl mix together the honey, garlic, soy sauce, and crushed red pepper. Let the shrimp marinate in the marinade for 30 minutes in the fridge.
- Cut the pineapple into chunks about the same size as your shrimp.
- Place a shrimp on the kebob stick and then a chunk of pineapple. Alternate shrimp and pineapple until the kebob stick is full. Once my grill was heated up and ready, I set my kebobs on one side and let them cook for 4 minutes at the highest temp my grill would go.
- After grilling is done, squeeze fresh lime juice over the kebobs.
myWW points: Blue Points: 2; Green Points: 3; Purple Points: 2
- Category: easy
- Method: grill
- Cuisine: american
- Serving Size: 1 kebob
- Calories: 93
- Sugar: 9
- Fat: q
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 10
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 12
Keywords: honey garlic shrimp kabobs