Junk Yard Salad is a really sweet salad recipe with sweetened condensed milk, pineapple, and cherry pie filling. Have this salad in your recipe box ready, when you only have a few minutes to spare for dessert. Then you can get back to binge watching Stranger Things.
That is the whole purpose of a recipe called a name like this right? Just the name makes you click on it. The title intrigued me a bit and it made me laugh a little inside. Most of the comments were about how this was not a Weight Watcher recipe at all and I agree with that. The person who created the pin was stating that this recipe was Weight Watchers and it isn’t. The ingredients list are below and you can clearly see that. “Fluff salads” are
my jam so it was made anyway.
This junkyard salad recipe can be enjoyed at potlucks or summer BBQs. It is not the type of salad to be eaten while on a diet. 🙂
Tools Used for Junk Yard Salad
- Spatula to stir everything
- Glass bowl
- 21 oz can of Cherry Pie Filling
- Mini Marshmallows
- Crushed Pineapple
How to make Junk Yard Salad
With these type of recipes, you don’t really need a recipe. Dump everything into a bowl. Then stir. If the recipe calls for pudding mix then it has to set in the fridge for a couple of hours or overnight. It’s that simple.
Tips for Junk Yard Salad
- To make a Weight Watcher friendly Junk Yard Salad use sugar-free substitutes and fat-free ingredients.
- Add in any kind of chopped nuts on top.
- Make this salad a day ahead if you are going to take it to a party. Wrap it up in saran wrap really tight and keep it cool.
- Best served cold.
- Since the pineapples and cherry pie filling are already sweet enough as it is, you could omit the sweetened condensed milk and use a container of cool whip or heaving whipping cream.
Other Crazy Salad Recipes
There are a lot of really good salads that are also made this way. They are usually called fluff salads or Ambrosia salad recipes.
Check out my other blog at foodiestyling.comPrint
1 21 oz can cherry pie filling
1 20 ozcan crushed pineapple, drained
1 14 oz can Eagle Brand condensed milk
2 c. miniature marshmallows
1 1oz package of vanilla pudding (dry)
1 (8 oz.) Cool Whip
Mix together in order of ingredients in a bowl and refrigerate overnight. See recipe tips above on how to make this recipe a little less sweeter.
- Category: Salads
- Method: Stir
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 442
- Sugar: 54g
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Carbohydrates: 83g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 5g
Keywords: junk yard salad