This simple smoked salmon dip is made with smoked salmon, cream cheese, and fresh herbs like green onions and chives. It only takes about 10 minutes to make and it is also a great appetizer to serve during the Holidays.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
Every Summer, I buy a lot of frozen salmon filets and make my own easy smoked salmon. This smoked salmon goes great in this dip.
If you don't have time to make your own homemade smoked salmon just look for it at the grocery. Most deli counters have smoked salmon these days.
My family likes to have appetizer night during the Holiday season and I bring this every year. People love it!
Cream Cheese - Cream cheese comes in blocks or in a container of whipped cream cheese these days. Both of those work. The whipped cream cheese has a better consistency and you don't have to use a food processor to smooth it out. No cream cheese? Try mayo or sour cream instead.
Smoked Salmon - many stores these days carry freshly smoked salmon at the deli counter or you can always smoke your own if you have the time.
Green Onion - Use freshly chopped green onions
Fresh Dill - fresh dill is always best but dried dill can also be used
Whipped Cream - to help smooth the consistency out more. Milk can also be used.
Worcestershire sauce - For an umami flavor, sub soy sauce
Lemon Juice - The lemon gives the smoked salmon dip it's freshness. Best served with a variety of crackers. The butter-flavored ones we liked the best.
See recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
How to make Smoked Salmon Dip
Step 1: In a bowl mix together the whipped cream cheese and smoked salmon.
Step 2: Continue adding the green onion, dill, cream, Worcestershire sauce, and lemon juice. Mix until everything is well combined.
Enjoy with crackers or your favorite chips.
What to serve with Smoked Salmon Dip?
Smoked salmon and cream cheese on top of everything bagels is one of my favorite breakfasts to eat. Bagels take no time to make at all with this Homemade Bagel Recipe.
Any type of gourmet crackers, chips, or toasted baguettes.
Slice some cucumbers or any type of fresh vegetable.
Tips for Serving Appetizers
My family loves to serve appetizers on Christmas Eve! Here are some tips I’ve learned during the Holidays for preparing or serving appetizers in a large family.
- Have a variety of appetizers available served warm or cold.
- See if there are other ways to prepare the appetizer so you’re not constantly using the oven in your home or someone else’s. Slow Cookers or Air Fryers are great for this reason.
- Many appetizers can be made ahead of time. See what ingredients in the recipe can be cooked the day before.
- Have plenty of fancy serving platters around to arrange the appetizers on. Dips and fancy spreads look nice on a white serving tray.
Smoked salmon dip is made of 3 main ingredients which are smoked salmon, cream cheese, and capers. Then there are other seasonings you can add to it such as lemon juice, green onion, dill, and Worschetshire sauce.
Yes they do, they smoked salmon and cream cheese go perfectly on top of bagels to make the best bagel sandwich. Plus this dip.
If you ever see some white liquid forming on the top of the salmon that is called albumin. It is a protein found inside fish or seafood. It activates when the fish is touching heat.
Other Smoker Recipes To Try
If you tried this Smoked Salmon Dip or any other recipe on my website, please please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how you go in the 📝 comments below. I love hearing from you! Follow along on Tiktok @jennarecipediaries
Smoked Salmon Dip - this dip is made with smoked salmon, cream cheese, and fresh herbs like green onions and chives. The lemon gives the smoked salmon dip it's freshness. Best served with a variety of crackers. The butter flavored ones we liked the best.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 6 ounces smoked salmon, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion (optional)
- 1 ½ teaspoons chopped fresh dill
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 dashes of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 squeeze fresh lemon juice
- In a bowl mix together the whipped cream cheese and smoked salmon.
- Continue adding the green onion, dill, cream, Worcestershire sauce, and lemon juice. Mix until everything is well combined. Enjoy with crackers or your favorite chips.
myWW points: Blue 5; Green 5; Purple 5
Serve with sliced cucumbers or your favorite vegetable for a low carb snack!
- Category: Easy
- Method: Smoker
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 120
- Sugar: .1
- Fat: 10.8
- Saturated Fat: 6.5
- Carbohydrates: 1.1
- Protein: 5
Keywords: smoked salmon dip