Smoked Salmon Dip – this dip is made with smoked salmon, cream cheese, and fresh herbs like green onions and chives. The lemon gives the smoked salmon dip it’s freshness. Best served with a variety of crackers. The butter flavored ones we liked the best.
Well the 4th of July weekend is almost over with, and I’m pretty positive I gained about 3 pounds. There was so much good food. I ended up bringing this smoked salmon dip. We had this smoked salmon dip as an appetizer Saturday night before we played our usual card games. The smoked salmon dip was so good, everyone gobbled the dip up in less than an hour. I was even told, that I could bring this dip again on appetizer night, aka Christmas Eve.
I smoked my own salmon and that part was so easy. The salmon only took 1 hour to smoke. The dip took less than 10 minutes to make. The fresh dill makes this dip. I loved the smoked salmon dip so much, I plan on making it again this week and spreading the dip on top of some everything bagels with cream cheese. What an awesome breakfast that will be.Print
Smoked Salmon Dip
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 6 ounces smoked salmon, chopped
- 1/4 cup capers, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion (optional)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 3 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1 squeeze fresh lemon juice
- Process cream cheese in a food processor to soften completely; add salmon, capers, green onion, dill, cream, Worcestershire sauce, hot pepper sauce, and lemon juice. Process the mixture again until creamy and smooth.
Smart Points: 5
Serve with sliced cucumbers or your favorite vegetable for a low carb snack!
- Serving Size: 10
- Calories: 120
- Sugar: .1
- Fat: 10.8
- Saturated Fat: 6.5
- Carbohydrates: 1.1
- Protein: 5
Recipe from allrecipes.com