If you’re a fan of fish tacos like me, you’re going to love how easy it is to make these tacos! I dislike recipes that require you to make every single element that goes into a taco like pico de gallo, salsa, slaw mix, or shit even making your own breaded fried fish. No thanks! I’m kind of a lazy cook and think that is way too many steps and food to buy for just a single recipe.
So, I’ve narrowed this recipe down a bit. Instead of frying and breading my own fillets of fish, I bought a package of already frozen breaded fillets in the store. All you need to do is bake them in the oven. Then, instead of cutting up different colors of cabbage, I just used a slaw mix and doctored that up a bit by adding some lime, mayo, and cilantro. Pretty tasty. You chose whether you want corn or flour tortillas. I used corn tortillas and crisped them up on my cast iron skillet a bit. Hope you like this super easy recipe and you can get everything done and ready to ensemble for the taco made by the time the fish fillets get done baking in the oven. Leave a comment below and tell me what is your favorite fish taco topping!
These fish tacos are dairy free depending on what type of breaded fillets you get in the store. Look for ones that don’t have any dairy in them! Also, I’m thinking about adding dietary restrictions to all my food titles. Example Super Easy Fish Tacos – Dairy Free, Gluten Free, etc… Let me know what you think about that!Print
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 bag of slaw mix
- 1/2 cup of mayo
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 small bunch of cilantro, chopped
- 1 15 can of corn, drained
- 8 frozen breaded fish fillets (I used artic shore beer battered fish fillets)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Or set your air fryer to 350.
- Place the breaded fillets on a baking sheet and bake the fillets for however long the box instructions say. Mine were for 16 to 18 minutes. Air fry the fish for 10 to 12 minutes.
- While the fish are baking make the slaw. In a medium bowl, combine the slaw, mayo, lime, chopped cilantro and can of corn (drained). Set aside
- Heat up a cast iron skillet with a small amount of oil 1 tablespoon and cook the tortillas on each side until they turn a golden brown color.
- Once the fish get done baking in the oven, place one of the fillets of fish on the tortilla and top with the corn slaw mix. Enjoy!
- Serving size: 1 fish taco.
myWW points: Blue Points: 8; Green Points: 8; Purple Points: 8
- Calories: 185
- Sugar: 4
- Fat: 15
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 27
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 8