The 4th of July is already a week from today and I know I always say this, but I can't believe that! Creamy Cucumber Salad is the cook out food you need to bring to your 4th of July party. To make this creamy cucumber salad low in points, I used 2 packets of sugar substitute or enough to equal ¼ cup of sugar, and greek yogurt. Guys, even if you don't use a sugar substitute, the points for this salad is still pretty low! See notes section of recipe for points. What are you food plans for this coming holiday?
Other zero point side dishes you can take to your cook outs are corn, salad, and fresh fruit. I'm talking about nicely cut up slices of watermelon. Cause, who doesn't love that?
What other ingredients can you use besides greek yogurt?
I've seen people use sour cream and mayo if you don't like the tanginess of the greek yogurt. Keep in mind that the points will not be zero then.
Why is there a lot of liquid at the bottom of the bowl?
If you let this salad sit in the fridge for a couple of hours you will notice that the salad has produced a lot of liquid. That is coming from the water of the cucumbers of course. If you do not like your cucumber salad that creamy, you can pat the cucumbers dry with a paper towel before adding the vinegar and greek yogurt combo to them.
- 1 cup non fat greek yogurt
- 2 packets of Xylo Sweet All natural xylitol sweetener (see notes)
- 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- ½ of a lemon, freshly squeezed
- 3 tsps of dried dill weed
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 large hydroponic cucumbers
- 1 medium yellow onion , thinly sliced
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together greek yogurt, sugar substitute, vinegar, lemon juice, dill, and salt. Set aside.
- Slice the cucumbers and onions really thin and add them to a large bowl. You can use a mandoline or knife to cut the vegetables.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, toss together cucumbers and onions.
- Pour greek yogurt mixture over top and mix together.
- Chill at least 1 hour before serving.
- Serving size: ½ cup.
myWW points: Blue Points: 0; Green Points: 1; Purple Points: 0