I was pretty proud of myself this week. I packed my own lunch for 3 days! Lunch is the hardest part of the day for me. It’s pretty easy just to walk over to the grocery store and spend around $4 to $6 on a salad. There is also a Taco Bell near by and a really good Candy Shop that also sells sandwiches and soup for lunch. That can get pretty spendy every day.
My aunt makes a really good Dorito Taco Salad and this was kind of the insipration for this. Doritos aren’t very carb friendly, so I left them out. Mrs. Dash makes a GREAT low sodium Taco Seasoning with no extra added salt to it. You could add in low sodium black beans to this but I like it simple. Iceberg lettuce, diced roma tomatoes, green onions, a little bit of extra sharp cheddar cheese, and some ground beef mixed with Mrs. Dash Low Sodium Taco Seasoning. I love their low sodium seasonings so much. If you have to watch your sodium intake, give them a try.
- 1 head of iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 3 roma tomatoes
- 1 bunch of scallions chopped
- 1 pound of ground beef, lean
- 1 package of Mrs Dash Low Sodium Taco Seasoning
- 1 cup of sharp cheddar cheese
- Catalina French Dressing
- Optional toppings
- ½ cup of low sodium black beans (optional)
- ½ cup of low sodium corn
- Brown the ground beef and drain the fat. Add in the seasoning spice packet and ¾ cup of water. Let simmer until the beef has thickened up.
- While the beef is getting brown, chop the salad, tomatoes, and scallions and prep all the rest of the ingredients. Top the salad with cheese and dressing. Beans and Corn are optional and not figured in nutrition info.
Points Plus: 4